Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tires are pretty damn bald. I'm trying wait until tax return time to pick up tires and rims. I came across a deal on Craigslist of 4 tires for $50. I got the guy down to $35 and I thought I got a pretty good deal. I just need them to hold me over for a few months. Decent amount of tread left. They've never had any repairs. I don't know much about the brand tho. Here they are

image-2360519953.png

image-1680284115.png

·
Registered
430 Posts
Kumho tires are pretty good tires, just becareful cause they are usually a harder compound tire and in winter they can become quite slick

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I had kumho tires on my 98 gt they were good tires but they did get a little slick when it rained but not too bad.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it doesn't rain much where I live. For only $35 I couldn't pass em up. And I have a friend that works at discount tire, he said he'll put em all on and balance them for $10 at the end of his shift today.$10 for all tires, not each one. So pretty good deal all around I'd say. I'll drive them around some and see how slippery they are in the cold and figure out my limits. But like I said, I don't need them to last all that long. they should be good for a few fun burn outs tho! :banana:

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Well it doesn't rain much where I live. For only $35 I couldn't pass em up. And I have a friend that works at discount tire, he said he'll put em all on and balance them for $10 at the end of his shift today.$10 for all tires, not each one. So pretty good deal all around I'd say. I'll drive them around some and see how slippery they are in the cold and figure out my limits. But like I said, I don't need them to last all that long. they should be good for a few fun burn outs tho! :banana:
I'm not taking away from the deal you got, it's an excellent deal. But the other 2 were talking about how good kumho tires are, which is not true lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
Good tires or not, I'd pay that much just to burn them off in a cloud of white smoke. Sweet deal If they hold you over till tax time!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I run kumhos and they are not the greatest no hook what so ever I mean I probably would have done the same just to tie u over till tax time but would never buy them again rain traction is horrible and I slip around a lot even on dry pavement lol even on a 70 roll the tires still squeaked a bit then again I was pretty light on gas and tires were decently bald

1 - 8 of 8 Posts