Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
My cousin has a 2011 5.0, awesome cars!! With only some bolt ons( CAI,mail-order tune,BBK long tubes, and borlas he turned 11.62 on slicks!! Awesome time for not much parts, but with the boss intake he was barely in the 11,90s the boss intake robbed valuable torque from the car, from what I've read the boss 302r has different valve springs and I think something else different in the heads, it prob does good on that set up but deff hurt his in the quarter and with that auto I'd deff go 410s booyaa!!! Hope you have many awesome times in the stang dude!!
WIth the Boss he needs to turn least 7800 rpms. Plus have the gears that can help keep him in that rpms range when he shifts. The boss helps in the 1/4 if you are set up for it. Ifyou have anything lower then 3.73 gears and not turning high rpms you are hurting self with the boss.

The Boss heads are cnc'd and machined have different cams and different springs/valves. They are really totally different. Hence why they cost 1500 each.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I gained about .2 with the Boss intake.

·
Registered
205 Posts
WIth the Boss he needs to turn least 7800 rpms. Plus have the gears that can help keep him in that rpms range when he shifts. The boss helps in the 1/4 if you are set up for it. Ifyou have anything lower then 3.73 gears and not turning high rpms you are hurting self with the boss.

The Boss heads are cnc'd and machined have different cams and different springs/valves. They are really totally different. Hence why they cost 1500 each.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I gained about .2 with the Boss intake.
That's not bad, he might just be doing something wrong, but he deff went a little faster with his stock intake, could it be the difference in the car? Cuz he said he was shifting at like 7,500 or 7,800 and he has 373s I'll eventually end up with a 5.0 and it did help you plus the boss intake just looks cool too, so I'll be having me one of those bad boys lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts