Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pictures of my 01 mustang GT looks stock except for the mach 1 grill kit but i have a little surprise under the hood ;) for some reason these are the only 2 pictures i could get to upload and they took about 4-5 minutes a piece to do that

MODS
vortech 10lb S-trim supercharger
38 lb injectors
flowmaster cat back
autometer boost and a/f gauge
king cobra HD clutch
steeda a/c knobs, bumper inserts
mach 1 shifter, delete kit
reverse glow gauges,brushed aluminum gauge bezel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
sweet car! gts arent really sleepers though lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends how you look at it

compared to most imports no a Gt is not a sleeper. but when it comes to ws6's,Z28's, SS camaros, and even vettes i consider it a sleeper. but back to the imports to most of them in my area my car is a sleeper cuz they all think there hondas and evo's are faster then mustangs cuz they have beatin older 5.0's so they think the new ones are slower cuz they are only 4.6L :lol: o well i gues it is all how you look at it

·
Registered
676 Posts
evo's are fast tho'

nice car wanna let me borrow it?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
:uhh::wtf2: a sleeper?... that thing would kick the living crap out of my car... before we even started the race... poor poor v-6 :(, it's ok, one day, it'll be fast

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Very nice car man. Is that the Zinc Yellow?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
mtchll50 said:
compared to most imports no a Gt is not a sleeper. but when it comes to ws6's,Z28's, SS camaros, and even vettes i consider it a sleeper. but back to the imports to most of them in my area my car is a sleeper cuz they all think there hondas and evo's are faster then mustangs cuz they have beatin older 5.0's so they think the new ones are slower cuz they are only 4.6L :lol: o well i gues it is all how you look at it
wait..... 5.0s are slow????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think it is the zinc yellow i already smoked 2 evo's around here both kids tried 2 times after i beat them it was fun though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from the factory the 5.0's aren't the quickest but they do have great potential i have owned 3 of them but personally i would rather have a stock 4.6 over a stock 5.0

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
mtchll50 said:
from the factory the 5.0's aren't the quickest but they do have great potential i have owned 3 of them but personally i would rather have a stock 4.6 over a stock 5.0
Id rather have a 5.0 cause u can make some good power for a lot less, plus the car would cost less in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
like n8r said, 5.0s are cheaper to make faster and also the aftermarket for 4.6s is just getting started.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good point about the cost thing i wasnt looking at that aspect of it i guess i am kinda biase towards my 4.6 because i pretty much stole the car for a little over 11,000 and that was including the s/c

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
that's cheaper than I got my v-6.... with 7,000 miles. I paid 12,000 for it.... A LOT under book if I remember right. Basically, tax, title, license was all borrowed with the loan from the bank, and they were still happy to give more, so yeah, I'm assuming very much under book. The loan was for $13,000 I think. Not too shabby, plus, we made them register the vehicle in that $12,000 :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
my car was NEW for 12.5 w/o financing(sp)
16K walkout w/ finance charges

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it pretty much came down to the kids parents having more money than brains and gave the car away it had 24,000 miles on it and his parents bought him a a new dodge hemi 4 door ram so he was selling the car his dad drives a mercedes E55 his mom drives a lexus hard top convertibles and that is just there daily drivers.. he let the car sit under a tree for 3 months and the car got all this muck under the trunk lid and ate the paint in that spot he didnt care about it once he got his truck his loss my gain. i got the car with a supercharger 10" OZ sub with DDs component amp and crystal amp and a 400 dollar alarm system

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
mtchll50 said:
good point about the cost thing i wasnt looking at that aspect of it i guess i am kinda biase towards my 4.6 because i pretty much stole the car for a little over 11,000 and that was including the s/c
Thats one helluva deal :good:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts