Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird noice coming from the engine bay, only happens at low rpm at a higher gear than 2nd. The car is an auto, and I have recently changed the spark plugs(had the issuer before the plugs where changed). The engines run fine and no weird things in the oil. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to the noise. :bow::bow:https://youtu.be/b4z5uLad10w.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is difficult to make a diagnosis, but it sounds like the distribution chain knock with the housing, as if a tensioner were defective. otherwise the engine sound is goog

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Could be a lot of things, can't tell much from the video. My guess is a heat shield rattling or something like that :). Let us know what it ends up being.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it can’t be the heat shield, it’s tight in on there, I am thinking it could be detonation? But I don’t really know what detonation sounds like, so I am not sure. Thanks for the reply though, I will let you guys know I I find a cure

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hard to tell from the video. But my first guess would definitely be some type of exhaust System rattle. Could even be internal in the muffler or cat or something. Jack it up get underneath there and firmly shake the exhaust a few times see if you can pinpoint it or replicate it. If you think it’s spark knock try using some premium fuel but that’s not what it sounds like to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does this happen when the car is idle? Like if you could pop the hood, stick your head in there and listen and try to pin point where the general location the noise is originating from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts