Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering I have bin seeing a lot of different opinions on what pistons came with what year mustangs from what I hear 87-92 5.0 mustangs gt's and Lx's have forged pistons please help me clear this up thank you guys

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I was wondering I have bin seeing a lot of different opinions on what pistons came with what year mustangs from what I hear 87-92 5.0 mustangs gt's and Lx's have forged pistons please help me clear this up thank you guys
I believe that 86-92 HO 5.0 engines in Mustangs had forged pistons, both models. I think in 93 they changed to the Hypereutectic cast pistons.

If you need further proof, you might check the 82-93 Mustang GT Registry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trojan Horse said:
I believe that 86-92 HO 5.0 engines in Mustangs had forged pistons, both models. I think in 93 they changed to the Hypereutectic cast pistons.

If you need further proof, you might check the 82-93 Mustang GT Registry
Okay so did the lx hatch come with h.0 motor

·
Registered
692 Posts
It was a 5.0 in the mustang Between 87-93 it was an H.O. All 5.0's in 87-92 had forged pistons. Trojan is correct as in 93 they changed to hyper. Pistons. The lx, the gt and the 93 cobra got those pistons. Those new pistons stayed in all 5.0 and 5.8 engines until production of those engines ceased.

·
Registered
180 Posts
wc3john said:
It was a 5.0 in the mustang Between 87-93 it was an H.O. All 5.0's in 87-92 had forged pistons. Trojan is correct as in 93 they changed to hyper. Pistons. The lx, the gt and the 93 cobra got those pistons. Those new pistons stayed in all 5.0 and 5.8 engines until production of those engines ceased.
So the 86 are or are not? I've heard that 86 has forged pistons but there flat top pistons.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So the 86 are or are not? I've heard that 86 has forged pistons but there flat top pistons.
Yes, the 86's are forged, flat tops. You can find the info on the website link to the Registry.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trojan Horse said:
Yes, the 86's are forged, flat tops. You can find the info on the website link to the Registry.
Pulled the oil pan since the block is in a stand had the forged pistons trw right on the piston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts