Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was bored and decided to put some morhers back to black on my girlfriends 06 Malibu. I was putting it on the grille and I accidentally rubbed the rag across the corner of her emblem that I blacked out with plasti dip. The area I hit gave it a little bit more shine. It got me thinking what if I put the back to black over plasti dip. I think it will give it a satin or kinda semi gloss look. I'm not sure tho so I didn't do it on her emblem. Anyways I just sprayed a 6"x6" square of plasti dip on my wing. I'm gonna let it dry then put the back to black on it to see what kind of look I get. Then I may put it over everything I've plasti dipped. I know I can clear coat it but I don't really want a high gloss. I'll let you guys know in a couple hours how it looks and whether or not it is an epic fail or total success.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I do it all the time on my grill pony that I plasti dipped and it def adds a little extra shine. I can't imagine it hurting it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post pics when it's dried and applied

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image-1537494373.png

I should of applied the plasti dip a little thicker in a few spots but I was just messing around. I'm pretty happy with the results. It makes the plasti dip much darker and it doesn't have that sort of faded flat black look. It's not glossy but more satin like I wanted.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful how you wipe the back to black. Make sure to wipe off the excess and wipe the same way. Otherwise you will have streaks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts