Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F4m0usfr34k said:
You could just buy high resist heat paint ? Only problem with that is ur painting them... No going back :/
Yeah I don't want it to be permanent but I might just try the plasti dip... Wheels get pretty hot too so..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Mustang32Bill said:
Yeah I don't want it to be permanent but I might just try the plasti dip... Wheels get pretty hot too so..
It doesn't last. Couple full pulls and ur exhaust will burn it off. I have seen some high temp painted ones that look sick. I'm thinking about a matte black spray for the tips myself.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaBluedude said:
It doesn't last. Couple full pulls and ur exhaust will burn it off. I have seen some high temp painted ones that look sick. I'm thinking about a matte black spray for the tips myself.
I might do some vht caliper paint just don't know yet lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
I actually watched a guy on youtube that had his supercharged audi's exhaust tips plastidipped and he said he had it on for like 3 years without any problems. Just going by what he said tho

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zinc_yellow said:
I actually watched a guy on youtube that had his supercharged audi's exhaust tips plastidipped and he said he had it on for like 3 years without any problems. Just going by what he said tho
I'm doing my rims Wednesday so I'm going to try it out on the exhaust tips if I have some left over lol wish me luck aha!

·
Registered
223 Posts
00STANG00 said:
Damn how u get it straight lol tape?
Tape it, spray like 3 light coats lightly, 10 minutes between coats, let dry, cut along tape line with razor blade and remove slowly. Its pretty easy if I can do it just about anyone can

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
One of the other options I've done is got a print out of the letters. The. Laid tape down on my desk overlapping (glass desk) then cut out the letters in tape. Then take the tape cutout to the car. Line it up, spray then pull off the tape right away before it drys. Saves from having to take a razor to the paint.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
According to the company, Plasti-dip's temp range is -30°F to about 200°F.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts