Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well would white plasti dip hold up on say, my 11-12 style key where its all in one. Would it wear off or would it be on there for months like my rims

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wear off rather quickly if you have other keys on it or put it with change in your pocket. Not to mention, it would look dingy quick. Our hands are dirtier than we think. I bet if you look closely, you'll notice the white outlines on your buttons are already duller than the original white. ;)

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wear off rather quickly if you have other keys on it or put it with change in your pocket. Not to mention, it would look dingy quick. Our hands are dirtier than we think. I bet if you look closely, you'll notice the white outlines on your buttons are already duller than the original white. ;)
Not yet actually. I was going to plati dip then clear over it with two small coats so its not a whole lot of thickness. Paint is too thick and I don't like the feel. I have it on a caribiner, next to it is a stormtrooper keychain, reward cards then keys. But the side that says ford or the pony logo is facing out.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well I didn't find it so your probably right. But there's lots of people that dipped their house keys. I just Googled plastic dip keys.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone on here already did it. Not sure how it held up bit it looked cool.
That was with an airbrush. Mines already painted but with rattle can paint. It's too thick both ways

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I tried with nail polish as a primer then paint. It shaved down some thickness but has a rough texture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts