Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow im gonna plasti dip my rear spoiler. I was wondering what some of you think about this. I am using matte black. If it turns out good i will most likely get it painted in gloss black just kinda want to see what it looks like first. So please give your opinion. Attached is a pic of my car with out the plasti dip.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emery2483 said:
aye that's good look sick!
I thought so. Im trying to go for the black and red look like a 2006 i had. I am getting a black grille and lower grille in december and i am also getting the wheels painted gloss black too. Hopefully al this happens soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Go for it, I think it will look good. It only takes a few bucks and a little bit of time, best part is if you don't like it you can just peel it off. I dipped a few things on mine and it turned out really good and its pretty durable.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackBetty5.0 said:
Go for it, I think it will look good. It only takes a few bucks and a little bit of time, best part is if you don't like it you can just peel it off. I dipped a few things on mine and it turned out really good and its pretty durable.
If you can post a couple of pics of the parts you plasti dipped.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Tomorrow im gonna plasti dip my rear spoiler. I was wondering what some of you think about this. I am using matte black. If it turns out good i will most likely get it painted in gloss black just kinda want to see what it looks like first. So please give your opinion. Attached is a pic of my car with out the plasti dip.
I think it would look awesome and BTW you can PlastiDip your wheels too. I love this stuff. I wish I had more stuff to dip lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black on Black said:
I think it would look awesome and BTW you can PlastiDip your wheels too. I love this stuff. I wish I had more stuff to dip lol.
I thought about doing the wheels but my gf brother knows a guy at a paint shop that will do them gloss black for 150. So i think im going to that next month.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

That looks good i think i might do mine too .

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I thought about doing the wheels but my gf brother knows a guy at a paint shop that will do them gloss black for 150. So i think im going to that next month.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

That looks good i think i might do mine too .
I also did the side markers but I don't have a close up pic. Maybe you can see in these pics

ForumRunner_20121126_222750.png

ForumRunner_20121126_222807.png

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I like the way your stang looks. But does the markers show light still when there paint with the plasti dip?
At night you can still see mine and I have 7-9 coats on them. But if you want to see the light well just use fewer coats 2-3 and it should look fine. I wasn't really concerned about the light showing through.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Black on Black said:
At night you can still see mine and I have 7-9 coats on them. But if you want to see the light well just use fewer coats 2-3 and it should look fine. I wasn't really concerned about the light showing through.
Yeah that is alot of coats for sure but i will try it out and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
Yeah that is alot of coats for sure but i will try it out and see what it looks like.
They were very lite coats. I learned the hard way that more lite coats is better than having it run on you and having to start from scratch.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
I don't see that ending well. I would think it would get super hot and melt something
Yeah thats right maybe i will stay away from the markers. Does heat affect plasti dip. I live in vegas so in the summer i gets to about 120 sometimes. Its not like i cant take it off in the summer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah thats right maybe i will stay away from the markers. Does heat affect plasti dip. I live in vegas so in the summer i gets to about 120 sometimes. Its not like i cant take it off in the summer.

I live in central Cali and it gets about 110 in the summer and have had no problems. I have about 1500 miles on my dipped wheels and plenty of washes and it still looks like i just painted it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BlackBetty5.0 said:
I plan to paint the wheels black, I just wanted to make sure I liked the look before investing the money to do so.
You did your wheels that looks really nice. You dont have any problems with it?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Plasti dip is crazy lol. If i dont get the wheels painted i might do it. Did you guys take the wheels off to dip them?

·
Registered
167 Posts
You did your wheels that looks really nice. You dont have any problems with it?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Plasti dip is crazy lol. If i dont get the wheels painted i might do it. Did you guys take the wheels off to dip them?
Thanks, no problems at all I was actually really surprised how well it turned out. I took the fronts off because there wasn't a whole lot of clearance to get a trash bag over the brakes with the Brembos. The rears I left on and put a trash bag over the brakes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts