Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding like an idiot I keep reading it but nothing on how it works where to get it or the cost and the pros and cons info please

·
Registered
560 Posts
At the risk of sounding like an idiot I keep reading it but nothing on how it works where to get it or the cost and the pros and cons info please
Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot. Super super easy and a get alternative to buying black wheels. $6 a can so you can't go wrong with it. Just make sure you do nice even coats throughout your wheels cause I noticed that I missed spots but was an easy fix and the simplest way to clean it is Windex. I did it this week and its super durable and looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once again at the risk of sounding dumb do you actually dip whatever your painting in it lol

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Love the blacked out look by the way

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Once again at the risk of sounding dumb do you actually dip whatever your painting in it lol
No dumb questions. You won't know unless you ask or try. All good.

You can buy a can you can physically dip stuff in or you can by a spray can and apply it like you would rattle can paint.

No prep needed other than cleaning the part with some alcohol pads.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Attachments

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
That's sweet I wanna go black and dark red after I get rid of all the ugly tan that is
Don't spray on anything cloth like. Just hards, like chrome and paint. Its a spray on plasticy-rubber substance.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

go to youtube and look up the channel "dipyourcar.com"

·
Registered
560 Posts

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Love the blacked out look by the way
You can but I wouldn't suggest it cause its just extra work. It comes in a spray can and its like rubber in a can. It comes out like in a line and just go around you wheel putting nice even coats. Super easy man. I was just like you at first not really understanding too much about it then I did it and its a lot easier than you think. And thanks man!! I'm loving the murdered out look!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ripping the interior out of a mustang is one of the easiest things I ever did without looking up how to do it.. :D

Just go slowly and make sure you pop all the pieces out properly, because the pins that hold them in can break easily. I am sure you can find a write up or a video somewhere to show exactly how it comes out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts