Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about plasti dipping my stock spoiler any one done it or have any pictures of one done? I really just want to make sure the spoiler comes out ok and not look tacky or bad. Feedback is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
SilverPonyGT said:
Thinking about plasti dipping my stock spoiler any one done it or have any pictures of one done? I really just want to make sure the spoiler comes out ok and not look tacky or bad. Feedback is much appreciated!
Spray thick coats so it peels off easy

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've tried plasti dipping the rear gas cap on my GT but keep screwing it up lol. Every time I peel away the tape it pulls off a little section of it. It does look awesome when it's dry though, nice flat black and even look to it. It definitely leaves nothing behind when you pull it off also, so it's def worth a shot.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have heard that the plasti dip will come off the gas cap because if gas touched it or the guy opens that lid it will peel

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wow your car looks great I'm going to give it a shot see how it turns out thanks for your input guys!
Anytime brotha..just take your time, it's worth it at the end..I've seen some rushed Plasti dipped jobs before and they look pretty for a bit than just go to crap after a few months..mines been through hurricane sandy, plenty of horrible rain storms, 2 nor eastern snow storms, and still looks perfect!

·
slow281
3,086 Posts
I have heard that the plasti dip will come off the gas cap because if gas touched it or the guy opens that lid it will peel
Gas brake cleaner and other things of the sort will desolve it.. Make sure you peal the tape right away before it drys..

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would remove any part (as u always should) and spray it off the car...i just dipped yesterday and its a learning experience..need to score anything taped or it will peel the dip when removing.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Coupé

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.