Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys usually get your PlastiDip?

I went to 5 different places (3 car parts places) and Home Depot and Lowes.
Only Home Depot and Lowes carried it but they only had black, and like 2 of those

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well lowes usually has both black and white but thats all you will ever find unless you order from dipyourcar.com or another site like that..
Was just looking at the site and it looks like its not white, but gloss.
Is that right?
Lowes did have the "white" now that I think about it

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to do my wheels tomorrow. How man cans would you estimate I will need? 1 per wheel?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wal-mart has plasti dip too. last time I checked it was with the paint spray cans and they had white, black, and the glossifier. If you do plasti dip your wheels i recommend either removing the wheels or leave the wheels on and cover everything you do not want to get plasti dip on.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wal-mart has plasti dip too. last time I checked it was with the paint spray cans and they had white, black, and the glossifier. If you do plasti dip your wheels i recommend either removing the wheels or leave the wheels on and cover everything you do not want to get plasti dip on.
I figured I would remove the wheels.
Only problem is I have to do 1 at a time as I can only remove one wheel at a time...

Somewhat related... Do those "professional" jacks (the ones that are like long rectangles and a hydraulic 'pump') (hope you know what I mean) Do those let you rise the entire car or still just one area at a time, just easier then the crank shaft?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My GFs father is a GM for Walmart, and they just got there first plasti dip shipment in like last month, and after talking to him about how they literally flew off the shelves, it seems its there to stay, so check out Walmart

·
Registered
620 Posts
I figured I would remove the wheels.
Only problem is I have to do 1 at a time as I can only remove one wheel at a time...

Somewhat related... Do those "professional" jacks (the ones that are like long rectangles and a hydraulic 'pump') (hope you know what I mean) Do those let you rise the entire car or still just one area at a time, just easier then the crank shaft?
Put the jack in the middle side of the car (check for your gas lines) and put a Board on the jack and lift. Then you can do two at the same time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I YouTube'd it and it looked pretty straight forward. Anyone ever plastidipped their whole ride? How long does it last before you have to peel it off and re-do it? I wanna do my whole pony in matte black. Anyone have any input/advice?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I YouTube'd it and it looked pretty straight forward. Anyone ever plastidipped their whole ride? How long does it last before you have to peel it off and re-do it? I wanna do my whole pony in matte black. Anyone have any input/advice?
Have you done any of your car with it?

I have never seen it up close, in-person, to know what the visual quality is really like.
That is my worry with even doing my wheels.
I am worried it will look cheap.
I don't want to look like some ricer in a nasty looking Civic.

Think I will use my wife's car as a test subject tonight and see how it looks (on just the car body)

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's my problem man, the kit for a pony is 355 bucks. Don't wanna waste the money. I want to just do the 3M wrap and say **** it, do it right, but it's so expensive... I really want an affordable matte black. I've seen a Bentley and pony GT in 3M and its super sick... Let me know how it looks and what you did.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts