Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to this...I got 2 done today, doing the other 2 tomorrow

It was not too bad- wish I had jack stands though- woulda made it easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
u can always use a deck of cards to make things a lot easier too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Topless04GT said:
u can always use a deck of cards to make things a lot easier too.
Yep, did that. That's a great trick. I had to park up the street because my street is really narrow- so I had to get each wheel off, roll it down the street to my house, scrub it, roll back up the street, and spray....whew

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Looks awesome!!
:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To answer some of the questions- yes it colors the rims. It's very much like just painting them except for 2 crucial differences
1. It's easier to apply than spray paint, and gives a very nice matte black finish
2. If you decide you hate it or really manage to screw it up- or want your factory wheels back, you can peel it off.

From the folks I've talked to, and the research I've done, it lasts pretty well. People are going through car washes and having no problem- not to mention it's easy enough to touch it up.

I wasn't sure I'd like the black, so I wanted to see what it would look like, and I'm planning on buying rims in February, so I wanted to be able to peel it off and sell my stock wheels.

Perfect solution for me.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Its like any other form of paint in the sense of dont go blasting it up close with a pressure washer or it can destroy it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its like any other form of paint in the sense of dont go blasting it up close with a pressure washer or it can destroy it.
Right, from what I've read and seen you can wash it with a pressure washer the same as you normally would, on low pressure and not right up next to it. I plan on doing some mock up stripes and rims with it in a few months when the weather here permits :headbang:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts