Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'd like to remove the fake factory plastic grills on the hood and the side scoops. Are they just double-sided taped on it or will there be holes in the body under it ? Anyone removed those ? How does it look ? Is there nice replacements ?

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
not sure how they are mounted up in there..i know the side ones just snap on and can be taken off easily. Not sure about the hood scoop. But a few places makes some nice aluminum inserts for them.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
There are holes in the hood where they mount on. Mine flew off about 3 times until I finally got ford to give me one to put on the right way. When you pull it off you will have um...4 holes in the hood I believe. The side scoops pop right off and leave a huge hole in the side where they come from. Hope that helps you out some. And btw don't pry the hood one off. It leaves marks on your hood. Apparantly ford didn't realize this. So i have a nice chip out of my hood. Stupid ford people don't know how to do anything.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
stupid gay ass thing
my internet screwed up
and there's nowhere to delete it :oops:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Someone go through and kill all of those. That is extremely gay

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think lowflyn is just trying to get his point acrossed... Stupid ford people don't know how to do anything. :D

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
No the internet screwed up. Sorry about that. *kicks self in a***

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Thanks. That was really annoying.

·
Registered
166 Posts
LOL i didnt even know it posted twice...oh well.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
And BTW stupid ford people don't know what they're doing. I've had my car in there twice now for noises in the rear, first time they told me it was loose rear strut, did something and fixed it. I carried it in mon and they said it was a loose E-brake bracket. I've about given up on believing anything they say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey you can goto Lowe's and buy gutter guard which will not rust or tarnish it is a polished aluminum look it is $1.53 a sheet i will email you pics if you like just ask and give me email address.... i just poped out my inserts and cut the gutter guard the same size as the inserts.... then i spray painted the inserts black and used thin metal wire to hold the polished aluminum grilles to the oem inserts and snapped them back in.... if you dont put the inserts back in it looks kinda crappy because there are holes behind the grilles that were to hold the original inserts in....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts