Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of PlastiDiping my rims, roof, and maybe some hash marks or accents on hood or maybe instead of a blackout panel in the rear have a color panel.

I have a few colors in mind I just wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone on here has done anything like this. I like unique and what better way than do anything I want with PlastiDip lol.

That being said the colors I am thinkin of using are red, blue, or green. Give me some thoughts on what colors you think would look good. Thanks.

ForumRunner_20121201_234735.png

exoticr8.jpg

ForumRunner_20121201_234803.png

ervtx-albums-plasti-dip-picture10948-img-2559.jpg

xmu715.jpg

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soccerluvr4 said:
I like the first pic... What car is that in the first pic though? Its kinda driving me nuts cause i can't figure it out.
I believe its a volster

---------- Post added 12-02-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-01-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Haha its actually a pontiac sky :p

·
Registered
745 Posts
Black on Black said:
That looks good bro, did you remove it or did you spray in the car?
on the drivers side I removed it, it just comes right out. on the middle piece, I had to tape off the whole inside around it because I didn't wanna disarm the passenger airbag

Attachments

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I was thinking of PlastiDiping my rims, roof, and maybe some hash marks or accents on hood or maybe instead of a blackout panel in the rear have a color panel.

I have a few colors in mind I just wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone on here has done anything like this. I like unique and what better way than do anything I want with PlastiDip lol.

That being said the colors I am thinkin of using are red, blue, or green. Give me some thoughts on what colors you think would look good. Thanks.
I painted my stock rims flat black! But I did it with paint not plasti dip. If you wanna go back to stock one day do plasti dip. But my friend did his rims in black and it's held up pretty good! I would do black and red!! Black base then do the fronts of the spokes red!! Lol

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I painted my stock rims flat black! But I did it with paint not plasti dip. If you wanna go back to stock one day do plasti dip. But my friend did his rims in black and it's held up pretty good! I would do black and red!! Black base then do the fronts of the spokes red!! Lol
The black base with red spokes is what Alrefire did.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I want to plasti dip my entire car blue, i can't decide on the light blue or the green. I have to get a new hood and hatch first anyways.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DerekJohnScott said:
I want to plasti dip my entire car blue, i can't decide on the light blue or the green. I have to get a new hood and hatch first anyways.
Lol they both look great that's why I'm having a hard time too.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Black on Black said:

Blue rims and blue stripes would be cool. Also blue emblems haha

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like the first pic... What car is that in the first pic though? Its kinda driving me nuts cause i can't figure it out.
saturn sky

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I plastidipped my chrome trim around my gauges, vents, and shifter
that is awesome. ive wanted to do the same to the gauges but dont know how i wont spray everything else. how did you prep the interior to do this?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

i did mine is dip as well as my vents

·
Registered
745 Posts
BUSHGUTS said:
saturn sky

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

that is awesome. ive wanted to do the same to the gauges but dont know how i wont spray everything else. how did you prep the interior to do this?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

i did mine is dip as well as my vents
on the drivers side, everything comes out. I just took out the dash piece, and popped out the three chrome pieces. I wiped them down good with alcohol and sprayed them with 5 coats or so. same thing with the piece around the shifter. the middle chrome piece was a different story. I didn't want to go through the trouble of getting it out so I taped off my interior and sprayed it. it didn't turn out as good as the other pieces but it'll do for now

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
m_tyler_r said:
I thought I'd share this. I plastidipped my hood spears on today. took them off but it looked cool to me
I think I'm gonna do those, my rims, and my roof, and maybe the border of my grille in red. I bought the dip yesterday, but its been raining.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Black on Black said:
I think I'm gonna do those, my rims, and my roof, and maybe the border of my grille in red. I bought the dip yesterday, but its been raining.
good luck! just a word of advice, if you do anything with plastidipped that isn't a raised edge (like the hood) do one side at a time, really quickly and peel away the tape right after you spray enough to cover everything. if you let the dip dry, it'll peel the edges away and won't look good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts