Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked into plasti dipping my wheels. I plan on doing them next week. I also got a glossifier for them as well. So they will not be flat black. I am also going to be painting the calipers red. Has anyone plasti dipped their wheels and how well does it stay on?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I did my challenger about 4 months before I traded it in... Held up real good... My mustang has been done for about 3 months... Holds up really well... Has not peeled off at all.. Looks the same as day one...

I used an entire can per wheel, took each wheel off, cleaned with soap and water and sprayed... Inside and out... I did not use the glossifier...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Am3gross said:
I did my challenger about 4 months before I traded it in... Held up real good... My mustang has been done for about 3 months... Holds up really well... Has not peeled off at all.. Looks the same as day one...

I used an entire can per wheel, took each wheel off, cleaned with soap and water and sprayed... Inside and out... I did not use the glossifier...
You tape off the tires?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Have you taken it through a carwash at all? I have used it on a couple emblems and no pealing. I wanted mine to match the paint and be glossy. Black gloss and flat black rims I don't think would look that good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You tape off the tires?
No I did not tape the tires off... The plasti dip will rub off the tire once dried... Usually all in one rubbery piece...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Sweet! Have you taken it through a carwash at all? I have used it on a couple emblems and no pealing. I wanted mine to match the paint and be glossy. Black gloss and flat black rims I don't think would look that good.
Challenger was taken thru car washes... Mustang no, I wash it by hand... I spray griots tire wash on the wheel, rub with the sponge, and then rinse with the power wash wand at the car wash... No issues so far...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
We did my bros BMW.
Looks good. For a beeemaaahh

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here is my mustang... Flat of course

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Scream said:
Did you Plasti dip your emblems???? Close up?
I think I may have that day I'm not sure but I peeled them off now ill see if I have any other pics though!

Yea I had them dipped but I took it off and didn't have any other pictures! Sorry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol. Yeah I was happy how it turned out. I also blacked out the mustang in the grille. Come next Monday I will have everything black when I do the rims.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts