Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me a whole afternoon, but I finished them. Along with my decals and grille. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Looks awesome :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maldog said:
Looks awesome :)

I can't decide if they look better completely dipped or with the lip left chrome. It was a pain in the a$$ to tape them up though. Thats where the majority of the work went

·
Registered
366 Posts
I want to do this to my Bullit rims... They were on the car when I bought it and I'm not a fan of chrome wheels... But they don't look bad on a white car IMO. I'm worried about the plasti dip hurting the chrome later on down the road? And exactly how did you tape it to leave the chrome lip? I'm looking to do the same exact thing.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MachMan1017 said:
I want to do this to my Bullit rims... They were on the car when I bought it and I'm not a fan of chrome wheels... But they don't look bad on a white car IMO. I'm worried about the plasti dip hurting the chrome later on down the road? And exactly how did you tape it to leave the chrome lip? I'm looking to do the same exact thing.
Thanks.
I don't think the plastidip will hurt the chrome. Its basically plastic in a can and It peels right off. I did some I my interior with it also and it looks great. You just have to worry about people with long nails taking it off. Taping off the lip was the worst. What I did was take it piece by piece. Take a small strip of tape, and put it on, then do it to the rest of the rim. It was painful and very time consuming. But worth it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
sam62893 said:
I don't think the plastidip will hurt the chrome. Its basically plastic in a can and It peels right off. I did some I my interior with it also and it looks great. You just have to worry about people with long nails taking it off. Taping off the lip was the worst. What I did was take it piece by piece. Take a small strip of tape, and put it on, then do it to the rest of the rim. It was painful and very time consuming. But worth it.
Awesome thanks. Wanna plasti dip mine now? Lmao

·
Registered
201 Posts
MachMan1017 said:
Thanks.
When I did the chrome lip you can start taping it and put slits in the tape on the outside edge as you wrap it around and you can do it all in one peice

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
03torch said:
When I did the chrome lip you can start taping it and put slits in the tape on the outside edge as you wrap it around and you can do it all in one peice
I didn't try that. Was it really straight? Straight as in circular straight? Lol

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

MachMan1017 said:
Awesome thanks. Wanna plasti dip mine now? Lmao
For 20 bucks haha jk :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
sam62893 said:
I didn't try that. Was it really straight? Straight as in circular straight? Lol

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

For 20 bucks haha jk :D
Yea ahaha you can get it like really perfect and when it's still wet I took a rag and when around the chrome lip and it rubbed off the little extra in spots and made a perfect clean edge if I messed up a little on taping one spot

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
03torch said:
Yea ahaha you can get it like really perfect and when it's still wet I took a rag and when around the chrome lip and it rubbed off the little extra in spots and made a perfect clean edge if I messed up a little on taping one spot
The first wheel I messed up a little peeling it off, but it's not too noticeable.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Torchredmustang said:
Great work! I suck at masking/taping so I give you props for making it look as good as that! I love the all black bullitts as well... Too bad I couldn't find a good deal for a set around my area on CL. :(
It was my first time taping up wheels :p here In my area they sell bullits for like 600 bucks a set

1 - 15 of 15 Posts