Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone, just plasti dipped my rear decklid thought I'd share that it came out pretty damn nice, only problem was having to take a razor to the end of the tape to make sure the plastidip didn't come up off the decklid with the tape, but I took my took and it payed off. What you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
NJstanger said:
What's up everyone, just plasti dipped my rear decklid thought I'd share that it came out pretty damn nice, only problem was having to take a razor to the end of the tape to make sure the plastidip didn't come up off the decklid with the tape, but I took my took and it payed off. What you guys think?
Looks great! Seems like you really took your time and make it look good. Next up rear valance.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just not sure how to go about putting my badges on the back, I was thinking of leaving it how it is for now an ordering the red and black 4.6L High Performance Emblem from AM and putting that where the FORD badge used to be, I realize now I should have cut a piece of tape the same size of the badges so I could have placed them back on without worrying about tearing the plasti dip, I doubt I can just use 3m emblem tape and just stick it to the dip. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

GTdevildriver said:
Looks great! Seems like you really took your time and make it look good. Next up rear valance.
Thanks appreciate that, oh yea rear valence is probably going to be done tomorrow if I get off at a reasonable time

·
Registered
220 Posts
NJstanger said:
Just not sure how to go about putting my badges on the back, I was thinking of leaving it how it is for now an ordering the red and black 4.6L High Performance Emblem from AM and putting that where the FORD badge used to be, I realize now I should have cut a piece of tape the same size of the badges so I could have placed them back on without worrying about tearing the plasti dip, I doubt I can just use 3m emblem tape and just stick it to the dip. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Thanks appreciate that, oh yea rear valence is probably going to be done tomorrow if I get off at a reasonable time
I really wouldn't know. It would suck to 3m them to the dip and have them come off while you're driving. And I still gotta dip my rear valance too. Got all the stuff at my house just haven't had time.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
NJstanger said:

You will need to use an exacto to cut the plastidip to ensure your badges have something solid to adhere to. Otherwise, your badges will eventually pull (and possibly) tear the plastidip.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTdevildriver said:
I really wouldn't know. It would suck to 3m them to the dip and have them come off while you're driving. And I still gotta dip my rear valance too. Got all the stuff at my house just haven't had time.
Yea kinda pissed I didn't think about it before hand..DURRRR

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

nhcowboy said:
You will need to use an exacto to cut the plastidip to ensure your badges have something solid to adhere to. Otherwise, your badges will eventually pull (and possibly) tear the plastidip.
Yea that's what I was thinking but i am damn worried about scratching the paint

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thinkin I should darken up the tails a bit more to blend in

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
truckinu said:
Is it possible to take the latch off the decklid and look in to find the hole your emblem was located?
I'm sorry what latch on the decklid? I can already see the holes from the old FORD emblem, the holes are there it's just I don't know how to go about getting the emblem to stick to the car and not the dip without have to razor out some of the plasti dip for the badge to adhere to the car itself.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ideas beside having to cut out the plastidip with an exacto knife?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zinc_yellow said:
I did mine with the badges still on. You can just pull it off the badge when you finish.
What do you think?
Looks good man, yea the thought of the badges just completely went over my head...I think I'm just gonna keep the back badgeless for now, going to order that red and black 4.6L High Performance badge from AM and figure out how to get it on the back than, I think it will really compliment the car

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also I just finished plastidipping the rear valence, not nearly as happy with how it came out as I am with the decklid, will get pics up in the next hour for ya guys

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the valence, like I said not nearly as happy as I am with the decklid, ill probably order the vinyl decal for the valence eventually but I can deal for a while, the decklid is staying no reason to dish out the 50$ for the decal when the decklid came out oh so good :)...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! Now to figure out the friggin badge situation

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
If you wanted the badges on there still you could have just dipped over them and peel the dip off that was covering the emblems.. thats just what i done

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zinc_yellow said:
Badgeless is pretty clean. What did you do with the holes
Yea i really think im digging badgeless atm. The holes are there just can't see them, only the ford emblem had holes, so if I do go the 4.6l badge route ill just slap it over the holes, the black tho reallllllly does disguise the holes well and can't see them unless your right up to it. Here's a fresh picture after quick wash..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts