Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compressor kicks on when I cut it on and stays running. The lines get cold. Accumulator gets cold. I have the air finally blowing through vent (it was stuck on defrost mode at first from broken vacuum line). Air switches from floor to defrost to vents mode properly. High and low speed works properly. Freon levels check properly but when I switch the temperature knob from hit side to cold side it stays hot either way. Do you think it's a temperature blend door actuator stuck on warm or something.

"If you build it, they will come"

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah second the blend door that's what happened on my foxbody

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
If it's anything like fixing the one in our old 98 5.0 EB Explorer, it will be a pain in the ***, but not expensive if you do it yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is it actually located. Do you also think it could be a defective control unit and possibly that needs replacing I see them on eBay for $15-40 bucks

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
It could be, but I'd get in there and make sure there isn't any mechanical damage before throwing parts at it. They are usually in the dash near the center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'll give it a look again when I get off. Could you tell me what this piece is. And what it controls ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439481220.988301.jpg

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
That is the actuator for the blend door.
When you turn the temperature control dial of the HVAC control panel, it moves that actuator via a cable. The blend door swings back and forth, and when the control dial is turned all of the way to the "cold" position, the door closes off the section where the heater core is located, thus, blocking the air from being able to pass through the heater core.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts