Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peers!

I found a broken piece under the hood of my 3.7 and i want to know the name or product number of it so i can replace it. I believe its part of the AC hose??

Thank you!!! ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427162898.364656.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427162915.838317.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427162940.483545.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427162954.860212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It started when i noticed the AC wasnt blowing cold air. I tried to put freon and all of a sudden it went out from the broken part showing on the pic. I had no idea how it broke...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is your compressor to condenser discharge line. I replaced mine 2 months ago. Mine developed a leak at the "muffler" joint from the vibration that caused yours to break. The new ones do not have the muffler, hopefully that will fix the problem. The part is about $85 from Rock Auto, Ford wants nearly double that.
It is an easy fix, the pipe is held on by 2 bolts. Of course you need you AC system evacuated and recharged too.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Is it still under warranty?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
That is your compressor to condenser discharge line. I replaced mine 2 months ago. Mine developed a leak at the "muffler" joint from the vibration that caused yours to break. The new ones do not have the muffler, hopefully that will fix the problem. The part is about $85 from Rock Auto, Ford wants nearly double that.
It is an easy fix, the pipe is held on by 2 bolts. Of course you need you AC system evacuated and recharged too.
With a severed break that large, I'd replace the dryer too, as moisture has no doubt entered the system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I went to Rock Auto website and found the part you mentioned. Do they include an installation guide?

Is it still under warranty?
Unfortunately no, when i bought it used, i was only given 3 months warranty...

With a severed break that large, I'd replace the dryer too, as moisture has no doubt entered the system.
Oh no, what is the dryer? will it be expensive?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thank you, I went to Rock Auto website and found the part you mentioned. Do they include an installation guide?

There is nothing with it but it is an easy install. Remove the radiator cover, unplug the pressure switch on the old line. Remove the bolts holding the line and pull it out. Put the new one in and install the bolts and plug in the pressure sensor. The line uses o-rings to seal it so don't damage them and you will be fine.

Unfortunately no, when i bought it used, i was only given 3 months warranty...
My compressor quit due to low pressure 2 months after my 36 month warranty was up. Luckily it is not as serious (expensive) as compressor failure.

Oh no, what is the dryer? will it be expensive?
Since your line is open to the air it will absorb humidity possibly saturating the dryer. If you live in a area that has dry air you might get away with just a recharge. But I would replace the dryer just to be sure. Rock Auto has them too I'm sure. I do not know how hard they are to replace. I would bet that everyone who as a Mustang that has the muffler in the discharge line will be in the same boat as us pretty soon. It is a design defect for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same exact problem. Literally fixed the line 2 days ago, today it broke again in the same exact spot near the “muffler” part in the bend of it. Literally just went out on me today headed back home. Could it be because the line is just weak? I’m hoping I can find a stronger line that won’t break again. Not sure if it’s from the torquing of the motor or what honestly.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had this same exact problem. Literally fixed the line 2 days ago, today it broke again in the same exact spot near the “muffler” part in the bend of it. Literally just went out on me today headed back home. Could it be because the line is just weak? I’m hoping I can find a stronger line that won’t break again. Not sure if it’s from the torquing of the motor or what honestly.
I bought a new line from Rockauto and it had no muffler just a solid line and has been good for many years. I thought they discontinued that mistake. That is a terrible location for a joint in the tubing and that muffler does nothing. Get a new line without it is my advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts