Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal my subs keep hitting...Like non-stop it's just a constant bump bumpbumpbump even when the music is paused. If the head unit is on they just keep hitting and it's wierd it's not to like any beat either it's just hitting rappidly without stopping. I don't want to have to take it to my shop unless I have to. Can anyone help.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have no clue when it comes to stereo stuff like that, but maybe its a loose wire? I'd check all of your connections.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just unhook all wires and reconnect them. Maybe it something wrong with your amp:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
or what it could be is the power wires are crossing the ground wires. Even though the wires (some not all) have the rubber/pastic coating, an electric charge can still get through it and can jump wires. This could be the case, or it could be a bad ground. What kind of wire did you use? I would check your connections like everyone else says.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
97Stallion said:
or what it could be is the power wires are crossing the ground wires. Even though the wires (some not all) have the rubber/pastic coating, an electric charge can still get through it and can jump wires. This could be the case, or it could be a bad ground. What kind of wire did you use? I would check your connections like everyone else says.
that's called interference ;)

make sure that u used or that the installer used shielded wires/cables, esp for the power and ground. If that doesn't help any, just relocate the power wire. I have my power going under the center console and under the rear carpet. Doesn't come up till behind the back seats. Perfect.

·
Banned
321 Posts
97Stallion said:
Thats a good idea... I would check there first... My amp did that one time, it was because I had the amp touching metal and the power and negative were too close together.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'll find out today I'm going to go have it checked out. But honestly I think it's a bad ground...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts