Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 98 dark satin green v6 convertible with tan top single exhaust. i need help deciding what the best thing would be to do to it both appearance and mechanically, exterior and interior. i want it to look really good. so any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
try checking this v6 section out page after page. you'll find easy answers to all your questions. plus you'll have a better idea of what you want that way. and welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Get a CAI + tuner And experience a new feeling car

Oh yeah and buy some amazing plasti dip and experiment.. If you don't like it just peel it off...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wheels and dual exhaust are a must. Still have to get mine. I want to go either dual flow master 40s or 44s

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, does anyone know of any good places to get these parts because i know of american muscle but thats it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
miller1394 said:
ok thanks, does anyone know of any good places to get these parts because i know of american muscle but thats it.
They have a really good rep around here. Plus offer free tunes for life with your handheld tuner.

·
Registered
285 Posts
In terms of appearance try to check ME member "robb15033". It's an 94-98 model 1 of the nicest car i saw here in ME. You can check some of the his exterior ideas. Be simple= nice!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
johnofarch14 said:
In terms of appearance try to check ME member "robb15033". It's an 94-98 model 1 of the nicest car i saw here in ME. You can check some of the his exterior ideas. Be simple= nice!
+1 plus he has tons of knowledge about stuff, I mean he's put a **** ton of$$ for mods into that car.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
duals dumped.
Black rim chrome lipped wheels
Black tail lights
Black housed headlights with clear corner turn sig.
Clear Fogs,
Mach 1 Grille Delete
Lowered

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
miller1394 said:
is there any website that i can get these parts?
He can't go Mach 1 grille delete. It's not a new edge. Go to Americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration. I personally like American muscle the best but LRS has more restoration options. Go for some nice 17" bullits for your first mod. I think it would make that mustang stand out much better

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok ill have to look at those websites, and if anyone has any extra parts appearance and engine add ons, or anything to make it look nice please let me know it would be greatly appreciated. im looking for stuff fairly cheap but dont mind spending the money if its worth it.

how does everyone thing a green underglow would look or would that be too much of a ricer?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
miller1394 said:
ok ill have to look at those websites, and if anyone has any extra parts appearance and engine add ons, or anything to make it look nice please let me know it would be greatly appreciated. im looking for stuff fairly cheap but dont mind spending the money if its worth it.

how does everyone thing a green underglow would look or would that be too much of a ricer?
I wouldn't do under glow

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

austinknoll said:
He can't go Mach 1 grille delete. It's not a new edge. Go to Americanmuscle or latemodelrestoration. I personally like American muscle the best but LRS has more restoration options. Go for some nice 17" bullits for your first mod. I think it would make that mustang stand out much better
He can do a Mach 1 delete type thing.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

miller1394 said:
is there any website that i can get these parts?
eBay for the lights.

VHT the tails

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
austinknoll said:
It also looks like you need a new pony on your grille

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what are vht lights? and yeah i do need the pony too, it didnt have it when i bought the car, im going to get that from a junkyard.

would i be able to put a dual exhaust on from a 94-98 gt or no?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
miller1394 said:
and would you say black or chrome wheels? and which would look best cobra r, bullitt, or saleen rims?
VHT nightshade can be bought at a auto parts store like autozone. It is black paint that let's light through, looks sweet in tail lights. I'd say black rims with maybe chrome lip or something like that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You can have a cat back from a 94-98 gt on your car the shop will just modify your mid pipe to fit it. That is the most common option for us sixers

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
miller1394 said:
and would you say black or chrome wheels? and which would look best cobra r, bullitt, or saleen rims?
I personably think they all look good. I'm not a chrome guy and I personally only think chrome wheels look good on black cars. I would go black in you case for rims. Black saleens or bullits look great. It's really what you prefer. That was my first mod on my mustang. The stock rims are too small and ugly for my taste. Look on Craigslist, that's where I bought my rims

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
so is it like the spray on light tint? and can you get black with a chrome lip cause that would look really good considering its a dark colored car. and ok thats what i might do so than itll be cheaper.

what size do you think? 17x10 on 245/45/17 tires?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts