Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I finaly have some cash rolling in (sort of lol) and I was thinking about doing a few things and wanted to make sure I have everything I need. I was thinking about getting that C&N Plenum and a BBK 75mm Throttle Body, now I have a K&N FIPK and was wondering, do I need anything else to complete this setup?

Again, noob here but I cant tell if I need a new "hose" to go from the K&N to the throttle body or if that directly hooks up to it? Sorry for the lamo question but before I commit to buying said parts I want to make sure I have what I need. I looked in the MM&FF mags but all the cars have that huge 4" tube/hose because of having superchargers, so I cant see what a "normal" car has if you know what I mean.

I just bought a new set of rims, head & taillights and I ended up getting that 2 gauge Full Pillar and located some cool blue glow gauges but Im not sure on which ones I should buy to put into the pillar (on ebay).

I might have enough left over to get my whole Magnaflow system as well but I have to wait until I see how much I get after paying off 2-3 high balance credit card accounts ;).

As always, thanks for the help.

184 Posts
U definately wanna get some Gears in that badboy. Those r key in stangs. What do u got 5spd or Auto? either way the GT 5spds can handle 4.10's But id prb get 3.73's if i had a 5 spd cuz of gas and such. Gears make quiet a difference. Even in the V8's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MusclesFromBrussels said:
U definately wanna get some Gears in that badboy. Those r key in stangs. What do u got 5spd or Auto? either way the GT 5spds can handle 4.10's But id prb get 3.73's if i had a 5 spd cuz of gas and such. Gears make quiet a difference. Even in the V8's
Oh I totaly forgot about that :mad: . Yah I have a 5sp V8 (GT). Hey stupid question, but can you have Summit install anything for you? Again, havent been there yet and am obviously not sure ;). I know a lot of gear heads but they all like old cars and dont toy much with anything newer.

So Ill add gears to the short list then as well. Any brand better then the other to go with? Ill thumb through the Summit Catalog here in a few.

*EDIT* Then again when I take my car to the "engine guy" Ill have him look at the gears. The previous owner had this thing suped up but took out a lot of the stuff when he sold it, so Im not even sure how "stock" the engine is in that reguard. But the stuff I mentioned that I want to get is all stock, that I can tell.

184 Posts
summit wont install. I can personally give u a place that will install ur gears tho. THey did mine and do a great job. A bit pricey but u need quality in gear instalations. I can help u with the bolt ons. I wrench on everything!

184 Posts
I got richmond gears. There the best. Summit sells em just for ur 8.8 :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got richmond gears. There the best. Summit sells em just for ur 8.8 :)
Cool, just added those :). Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. Im reading as much as I can to learn more. The most I have installed in a car is a stereo (used to do that all the time years ago) so yah Ill need help for everything else ;).

184 Posts
no offense to this board but u might wanna get on a V8 board. THey could teach u a lot. Only a fwe GTs here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill check it out, I always forget about the other forums.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I would recommend staying with FMS gears! Richmond gears are known for whining. The more V8s we get here the more knowlege base we have. No one knows everything, certainly not me, but if I don't know it, I can usually find out for you. ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
as for Plenums, there are 4 main competitors, all with advantages, and there are big price differences, but not much difference in performance at all. Biggest bang for buck? Trick flow plenum with the Mac 70mm tbody. why? 70mm and 75mm the most performance difference is going to be a max of 2 hp, probably not that. Trick flow sells for $139 compared to much more for all the competition and very little difference in performance at all. Oh, and price wise that mac tbody that delivers almost as good of performance, well it sells for about $120. compared to over $200 for the least expensive 75mm tbody I know of. You cannot feel 2 hp.:eek:

184 Posts
i didnt tell him to leave lol. Ppl can be on more then one board ya know :) I have richmond gears in my stang and they r quiet as a baby sleeping. Install is key in gears and whining.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
no offense to this board but u might wanna get on a V8 board. THey could teach u a lot. Only a fwe GTs here.
We may be a couple cylinders short of 8, but we know more than you think, and my little v6 is alot faster than most v8s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rick0636 said:
as for Plenums, there are 4 main competitors, all with advantages, and there are big price differences, but not much difference in performance at all. Biggest bang for buck? Trick flow plenum with the Mac 70mm tbody. why? 70mm and 75mm the most performance difference is going to be a max of 2 hp, probably not that. Trick flow sells for $139 compared to much more for all the competition and very little difference in performance at all. Oh, and price wise that mac tbody that delivers almost as good of performance, well it sells for about $120. compared to over $200 for the least expensive 75mm tbody I know of. You cannot feel 2 hp.:eek:
Yah I noticed the trick flow is a lot cheaper. I might go with the trick flow to save some cash. I just sold 135 of my DVDs on ebay for a grand+ so I bid on the back end of the Magnaflow eXhaust system. Im also going to pay off a small credit card as well ;). Im also looking at getting the Magnaflow Xpipe w/ cats and was wondering, what type of headers would be good to pair with the whole magnaflow system?

I think Im going to hold off on the gears for now, I have already spent more then I should have lol. As for the 70mm/75mm tbody, there isnt much of a difference? Again I have a K&N FIPK so as long as it pairs w/ the new tbody/plenum Ill be happy :). I think Ill go with what you mentioned, that will save a lot of cash if there isnt really that much of a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, Long Tubes it is :). I was looking at some bassani's and wow, they are a pretty penny :(.

I think Im going to have to hold off on those lol, cost more then I thought.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts