Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
On AM the accufab 70mm tb and plenum are both 70mm and it's what I run on my gt. definatly gained some go and throttle response. Can really feel it after 3k rpm.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The Accufab is what I used to have on my 04 and it has been proven to make more power the all other setups available. There was a bunch of dyno comparisons in muscle mustangs and fast ford years ago.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The upper plenum, stock or aftermarket, has a 75 to 78 mm opening at the TB--there is no such thing as a "70 mm plenum". Also, the stock plenum is the weak link in the intake tract, if you examine Accufab's flow bench tests you will see that any aftermarket plenum, with the stock 65 mm TB, will out flow the stock plenum with any size TB.

After market plenums are 3/4" to 7/8" higher than the stock unit which allows a wider (internally) passage through the 90° bend. Ford should have replaced the upper plenum when the PI upgrade was introduced--they did not as it's only real effect on the PI 2V is to roll-off the power a bit faster after 5500 rpm. If you were warrantying Mustang GTs you might not consider that as being a bad thing either.

Also and as stated by others above, 70 mm is the optimal size for any n/a 4.6 L 2V build--this is also spoken to on my Accufab flow data page.

In the last, the OP make want to read the "Beginner's guide to bolting-on power gains" sticky...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The Accufab is the prettiest and most expensive, they all perform basically the same with no particular brand having any significant advantage. Some of the B&K throttle bodies have throttle plate shaft binding problems due to a weak design...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts