Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2011 gt mustang and one plug keeps fouling out and does not seem to be burning the oil off, and i think i hear a slight knock...has anyone experienced this only has 38 thousand miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went to ford and told them the issue i was having (didnt bring car in,,,dont want to drive it ) tey said they would have to take the top of engine off at just to do that is $1,200 just to take it off not to fix it or parts nothing

·
Registered
455 Posts
May try changing the COP from one of the plugs to another and see if the code follows it. May have a bad COP. (Coil on Plug)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yep that is not good sounds like getting to much oil leaking in from around the piston or the Valve seals. Would think that would be covered under the power train warranty which is 60K I believe. (continues to cover the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light-duty vehicles up to the 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, see dealer for details)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Damn, that sucks, I just did a Google search and there are a lot of reported issues with #8 cylinder going bad on that year, looks like it is going to cost quite a bit to fix, the block may have cracked. If you wanted to build a new engine now would be the time to do it. Or trade it in a hope they don't notice it. (did I say that out loud) :hide:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just a shot in the dark guessing over 3k as it is almost 1/2 that just to do the tear down. If they have to replace the block then the whole engine has to come out. A 5.0 short block is around $1,600.00. If you could do it your self or know someone that could do it for you, that would save a lot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry for the bad news. But yes Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also. If you Google bad # 8 Cylinder 2011 Mustang you will find a lot of stuff and give you a idea on what the issue is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts