Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Which kind?

Are you talking about the new one that looks like the Taurus?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
NicholasP said:
Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha
No it's a package on the Taurus it's the Ecoboost or the regular 3.5 and now the 3.7-liter. The new interceptor is nice, they added new heavy duty suspension, wider rear doors. I think you have to work for a police dept to get one.

But you can get a Crown Vic interceptor pretty cheap! Those things are bomb proof!

The engine isn't much better than the regular just heavy duty alternator etc.. It sucked gas and money big time!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
mymustang said:
I heard that new taurus is pretty damn fast..the SHO..I wonder why they dont use the ecoboost on the v6 mustang,,
That's a good question, it would probably create too much competition for the V8, and drive the cost of a V6 up a little. It's a delicate balance. Although, we may see an EcoBoost 4 cylinder in the 2014 Mustang.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.
Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
WtFDiesel said:
Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!
EcoBoost is such a cool technology! I'll be honest I drove the F-150 EcoBoost and was pleasantly surprised. I was skeptical; I said, no way can a V6 in a heavy truck have power.

There is/was some lag between the turbo. I think with some manufacturing advancements, and aftermarket parts it has potential. It's only going to get better.

The new interceptor is having a rougher start than I thought. But I guess there always a few that feel a V8 can't be beat.

An EcoBoost 5.0 would be dangerously fun haha :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts