Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on this forum try it? I found these pics on a google search! Looks nice! I have a full polishing department at work so Id like to give this a try! Anyone have an old one they want to sell?

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
let me know how it turns out when its done,maybe i can have you do mine if you dont charge too much!.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me know how it turns out when its done,maybe i can have you do mine if you dont charge too much!.
Will do, I'm looking for a spare right now, it should be easy with all the polishing stuff I have access to

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What all do you do? Sand with high grit sandpaper then use a polishing cloth and compound?
Basically missing some steps but that's the general idea

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
gmcmanus said:
What all do you do? Sand with high grit sandpaper then use a polishing cloth and compound?
Lots an lots of sandpaper. Use a file on the rough stuff, then work your way from 320 grit down to 1500 grit. Then use simichrome polish, mothers if you can't find the Simi chrome. It will look like a mirror.That is unless your lucky like bosohol and have access to industrial buffing wheels. I buy old harleys and polish them up this way to flip them. Polished aluminum looks ten times better than chrome.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got a bench grinder with an assortment of buffing pads that I use on aluminum stuff and of course all the compounds, I just don't think it would work well on the TB, so many edges for the wheel to grab and try to throw out of your hand ha! It would be awesome to do this by hand though! Time consuming but would be a nice piece! Would love to see a write up if you ever get around to working on it. Cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts