Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a 1 qt of PolyDyn TX7 this week after a full oil change/filter. This was a quart given to me by my older brother who insists it isn't a snake oil and that my GT's oil will stay cleaner longer due to the anti-friction properties of TX7. So I'm throwing this out there because I honestly feel just the slightest bit less engine vibration. I know what I'm saying sounds crazy but I know how my engine feels.

Anybody else have any experience with TX7?

Information: TX7 For Diesel and Gas Engine

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did you drain off some oil before adding this, or are you now overfilled? NEVER overfill your crankcase...

The additive probably won't hurt anything, but unless your base oil is lacking in some way, it's not likely to add anything meaningful. If you want to use it... That's up to you, but most people here would consider it snake-oil I think.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added TX7 to my crankcase and then added my usual Pennzoil Platinum to the full mark on the dipstick.

TX7 is very white and thick. And I know most here think anything other than oil is a waste of money but, I think this additive does do something. Time will tell!

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you’re happy with it, and it does no damage then nothing else matters.

I was more concerned that you may have overfilled your crankcase, but that’s a non-issue.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I would get blasted, that TX7 is a waste of money, etc, etc. I will report back after my next oil change. MPG improvement etc. if there is any change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts