Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Fiberglass

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching body kits since I need a new bumper. I'd like to know some of the Pro's and Con's of each material.
Also I've looked at the following brands for the kits:
1. Saleen
2. Ground Designs
3. Razzi
4. Roush
5. Kamarini
6. Cervini's

Am I missing any?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
OK. I've been meaning to do a thread about this one day.

Good fiberglass is great for car shows. Your A-Pillar, C-Pillar, underside of the hood, actually scoop, and spoiler are fiberglass and they are a good grade of it.

If you didn't pay about $400 per bumper, you've got cheap fibergalss. Cervini's does great work. So does Ground Designs. They probally have the best fiberglass bumpers out there.

Saleen's quality has gone down and the kits are getting harder to fit on.

Roush does awesome urethane as Kaminari does.

However, Razzi's kits have the best of both worlds. They are made of ABS Plastic (like a Saturns fender.). They bend and flex like urethane and are almost as solid as fiberglass when waxing the fascia.

All the materials have their own faults and advantages. But the most important thing when painting is the flex additive in the paint. My friends painted the front bumper of his truck and didn't add any flex to it, when it got cold, all the paint cracked off because the urethane flexed.

Whatever your choice, it's your money and go for the best and don't settle for the eBay kits.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How bout xenon? They have some stuff I like too. :good:

·
Registered
676 Posts
i say go roush but the only problem is that if you want roush then you are gonna wanna buy the exhuast too, otherwise it wont look right.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
fiberglass is known for braking really easy, you would be better off to spend the extra money and go with a nice urethane kit. personally I love the saleen kit, yes some people have had troubles, but aside from the few with problems I have heard nothing but good about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts