Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image-1687832268.jpg

Anyone nowhere to find a black pony emblem?
I'm not much into altering original parts. (I know it's an inexpensive part to replace) I box up all original parts.
Or should I just buy a replacement and paint/plastidip it?
I have found black running pony emblems for 99-04. But nothing for 05 & up

·
Registered
673 Posts
Plasti dip it for sure. I can't imagine you won't like it, but just in case you want to change it back it is real easy. I did mine a few months ago, but I think I'm gunna take it off in the morning cuz I just looked at some old pics with it chrome and I prefer the look now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9tee7pony said:
Plasti dip it for sure. I can't imagine you won't like it, but just in case you want to change it back it is real easy. I did mine a few months ago, but I think I'm gunna take it off in the morning cuz I just looked at some old pics with it chrome and I prefer the look now.
I'm gonna do it tomorrow. I like the look of all blacked out

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a can of plastidip today.

Was gonna tackle this today but got to looking. I'd have to pull the grille. Remove the fogs. Remove the horse from the grille. Which it looks like the horse is riveted to the grille. Without pulling it all apart, I'm not 100% sure tho.
So needless to say, I put the hood back down and went and washed her lol. Horse is still chrome

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:

Was gonna tackle this today but got to looking. I'd have to pull the grille. Remove the fogs. Remove the horse from the grille. Which it looks like the horse is riveted to the grille. Without pulling it all apart, I'm not 100% sure tho.
So needless to say, I put the hood back down and went and washed her lol. Horse is still chrome
Just put some newspaper behind the grill and around the horse. Enough so that you don't get overspray on your car. It's pretty easy and molds right onto the pony.

·
Registered
285 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:

I don't know about this for the mustang, but the emblem should just pop out.. basically all emblems pop out.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's coming out like crap. I cleaned and dried with a hair dryer. I helped my cousin do his hood, it looked completely different

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:
It's coming out like crap. I cleaned and dried with a hair dryer. I helped my cousin do his hood, it looked completely different
Spray it let it sit 25-30 minutes then repeat 2-3 more times

It always looks like crap at first!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:
Lol ok. That's what I'm doin. Guess I'll just wait and see.
Not doing heavy coats right?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Yay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts