Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't say for sure if AM makes the black out deck lid panel. But I am not happy with the fitment on my car. It is perfect around the edges but the cut out hole is misaligned by about a 1/4 inch. Close up with in 15 feet I do not not like how it looks. I'm a machinist by trade and I inspect the parts I machine to make sure they will fit. Who ever made this must not have a templet of the deck lid to make sure it fits after it was cut out. I spent $50 for a piece of plastic that is stuck with 3M tape. This sucks!!!

Vehicle Trunk Car Red Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Emblem Vehicle Car Logo

·
Registered
716 Posts
Can't help you with the alignment issue but even the deck lids that come with the cars are 3M taped on.

Nope I'm thinking of something else, don't mind me.

·
Registered
607 Posts
AM does not manufacture anything they are just a retailer. But you might want to call them they may be able to help you out

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Can't say for sure if AM makes the black out deck lid panel. But I am not happy with the fitment on my car. It is perfect around the edges but the cut out hole is misaligned by about a 1/4 inch. Close up with in 15 feet I do not not like how it looks. I'm a machinist by trade and I inspect the parts I make to make sure they will fit. Who ever made this must not have a templet of the deck lid to make sure it fits after it was cut out. I spent $50 for a piece of plastic that is stuck with 3M tape. This sucks!!!
Pm Dan or call customer service.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Call AM they will make it right for you. That must be a defect for sure. You'll need to send it back to them.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Call AM they will make it right for you. That must be a defect for sure. You'll need to send it back to them.
I sure hope it is a defect... I would hate to see the next one not fit properly... I have faith in AM i know they are a great company. These panel have been out of stock for some time. I wonder if the company that makes them did not rush the job and AM has a batch if bad panels. I think I will ask them to check if the next one is correct before sending it out.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This might be an a hole question, but why didn't you test fit it before you attached it with the 3m tape
I held it in place with my hand and it look ok at the time i guess at the angle i could not see the bottom of the hole was off. There should be no issue with a part going on my Mustang. That part should have been check at the manufacture to make sure it fit properly. It got threw quality. FYI this is not my fault. If I would have seen it before applying, It would still have been junk and needed sent back. So your question it mute. Stuck on my car or not I would be pi$$ed either way.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Also if they do send another bad one, test for and just work it so the gap is all around so at least its clean looking. My magnetic was a little off. I quickly fixed this with paint :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Can't help you with the alignment issue but even the deck lids that come with the cars are 3M taped on.
Wrong. They're attached with about 12 physical clips. No tape on the deck lid cover at all.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,871 Posts
Can't say for sure if AM makes the black out deck lid panel. But I am not happy with the fitment on my car. It is perfect around the edges but the cut out hole is misaligned by about a 1/4 inch. Close up with in 15 feet I do not not like how it looks. I'm a machinist by trade and I inspect the parts I machine to make sure they will fit. Who ever made this must not have a templet of the deck lid to make sure it fits after it was cut out. I spent $50 for a piece of plastic that is stuck with 3M tape. This sucks!!!
I'm really sorry to see that your deck lid doesn't fit properly. It looks like there may have been an issue when manufacturing this product. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue, I'm going to head over to the warehouse and pull a few of these to make sure it's just a defect and not a bad batch!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'm going to have my CS manager give you call and get you set up with an exchange. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I really appreciate your patience!

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

-Dan

Reactions: Fenderfreak145

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm really sorry to see that your deck lid doesn't fit properly. It looks like there may have been an issue when manufacturing this product. This is the first I'm hearing of this issue, I'm going to head over to the warehouse and pull a few of these to make sure it's just a defect and not a bad batch!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'm going to have my CS manager give you call and get you set up with an exchange. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I really appreciate your patience!

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

-Dan
^^^^ why AM is so great. Amazing customer service!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can I ask why a thread was started with a title like "Poor American Muscle Quality" without any contact with the company was attempted, and no knowledge of whether or not they even manufactured the product? People should think before posting. If something is wrong, give the retailer the opportunity to fix it before you go on a forum like this that they give discounts to and treat us with such respect and honesty.

·
Registered
440 Posts
definately a defect I got mine in and put on in march and have had no issues other than the 3m tape not wanting to stick on one side at the top. I just bought some more tape and redid it and it's fine now

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can I ask why a thread was started with a title like "Poor American Muscle Quality" without any contact with the company was attempted, and no knowledge of whether or not they even manufactured the product? People should think before posting. If something is wrong, give the retailer the opportunity to fix it before you go on a forum like this that they give discounts to and treat us with such respect and honesty.
Looks like to me people also do not read replies to post's either. And assumes contact was not done. Never Assume dude unless you know all the facts. I stated that I do not know if they manufactured them. Never said they did. The only mistake I did was the topic line. But if you would have taken the time to read "ALL" the replies you would see I have tons of respect for AM. I just F'd up my topic line. For that I apologize to Dan and all of American Muscle employees!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like to me people also do not read replies to post's either. And assumes contact was not done. Never Assume dude unless you know all the facts. I stated that I do not know if they manufactured them. Never said they did. The only mistake I did was the topic line. But if you would have taken the time to read "ALL" the replies you would see I have tons of respect for AM. I just F'd up my topic line. For that I apologize to Dan and all of American Muscle employees!!!
My whole point was the title of the thread being what it was before contact was made, or an opportunity given to educate/correct the problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts