Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,254 Posts
How can you tell if its a misfire? The car idles rough when it starts up after a while of just sitting there. When I fire it up and put it in drive its even rougher and the car jumps around
That is definitely the signs of a misfire. Mine had the same symptoms and I checked the coil pack and one of the coils was black, not bronze. I would recommend checking your plugs wires and coil then do a tune up (plugs, plug wires, and coil pack) and if that doesn't fix it, it's something way worse. Of you need a coil, get an MSD coil pack.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

How can you tell if its a misfire? The car idles rough when it starts up after a while of just sitting there. When I fire it up and put it in drive its even rougher and the car jumps around
When the cel flashes, that means there is a misfire. If you can get your hands on a code reader, it will tell you what cylinder is misfiring

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.