Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys everytime I turn my wheels there is something in the front of the car popping...it's like multiple crackles... And this is everytime I turn them...any ideas? I just replaced the lower ball joints so it's not them :(

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
strut mount bushings
thats what i say they are, ball joints squeak, however strut mount bushings sound like popping noises.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
02MURDEREDGT said:
Im extemely glad you asked ive been having the same damn problem
Lolol

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

1996mustang said:
strut mount bushings
thats what i say they are, ball joints squeak, however strut mount bushings sound like popping noises.
Thanks man ima have to take a look at them tomorrow

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think I may have the same problem. If it is the strut mount bushing, what is the cost of repair? And is it an easy job or will it have to go to the shop? Also will most auto parts carry it? Where can I find replacements

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think I may have the same problem. If it is the strut mount bushing, what is the cost of repair? And is it an easy job or will it have to go to the shop? Also will most auto parts carry it? Where can I find replacements
They arent too hard to repair. They sit on top of the strut. So i highly suggest spring compressors. As for auto parts carrying it yes most autoparts have them. A shop could knock it out for u but i would shop for prices on that first.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey guys everytime I turn my wheels there is something in the front of the car popping...it's like multiple crackles... And this is everytime I turn them...any ideas? I just replaced the lower ball joints so it's not them :(
If you have camber bolts it could be them as well. They tend to come loose sometimes.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you have camber bolts it could be them as well. They tend to come loose sometimes.
+1 it could be that, or it can also be the bolts on the stock camber/caster plates that also come loose if you lower the car and dont tighten them to torque or come loose as well. easy indication on those is look for the rust spots from where they sit and you will see that they moved a hair. other thing it can be if you are lowered is that u need to get bump steer ball joints.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
03fastblack said:
Lol well I have brand new camber bolts right now waiting to be out in ha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts