Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of gains will i see if I port and polish my upper and lower intakes?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Not a whole lot since your intakes are pretty good from the factory. To really utilize any type of porting and polishing you first need to change your cam and P&P your heads as well.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
^true..

but if you do heads cam and intake you'll see anywhere from 60-100 hp gained, depending on the cam you get

so if you're gonna do the intakes, you might as well do the entire top end

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
A 100 sounds way too much, that would 293 hp

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
A 99+ will not gain 100HP do to the efficiency of the motor already but a 94-98can reach near 100HP gain do to the rather weak stock RWHP. I have seen some 94-98 autos dyno at 98 RWHP and with Heavily ported upper and lower intakes combined with a well matched cam it is possible to achieve 190-200 RWHP

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
just intakes should net you 10-15 not a ton but... something somewhat decent

·
Registered
517 Posts
There was a guy on the mustang forums site that did it. he was pretty cheap too. His name was like mdvaulsta or something like that. I can give you his email address if you want. :)

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SpectorV said:
just intakes should net you 10-15 not a ton but... something somewhat decent
Is that RWHP ?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya I can do those for you rather quick and cheap. I charge $100 for each, plus a $30 core for each too.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I could do each intake in a day, so two full days. And I have intakes sitting around my garage, so you don't need to drive here if that's what you mean. Each intake would be $100 + $30 core, + shipping, so it would be something like $140 or something close to that for each intake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Installing it is easy, just bolt off and bolt back on. I'll help you just fly me over :D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
well lets say $30 an hour for labor and + parts. If you do the intakes, you might as well do the heads, too and to switch out the heads is about 8-10 hour job. So it would be about 250-300 for the labor and then for the parts Upper, lower, and heads would be another 350, and then parts (Gasket, head bolts) is about another $100. So all together it would be about $700-$800.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
That's a damn good price if you ask me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is not a bad price at all and if you do some research you will find that it is about the same price as other companies would want if not a little less since we are adding the price of labor :thumbs2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
stallion how much will you do heads for?.... i would have to ship this i suppose you dont have some liing around. how long you think it would take?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts