Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what r the companies and URL's i can only think of RPM and SuperSix but i know there r a few more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
www.extremeeffect.com will be selling good ones here soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
RGR, but he is in partnership with RPM, Morana does some but his upper intake is only stage 1 I think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
897 Posts
yea I hear RGR is good, I am going with them unless I hear good about Venom Kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Super six is good. They do REALLY nice work. plus, you don't have to send in your intake, you can just send in the stock one you pull off your car. Way less downtime that way. SSM is a little cheaper too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Seriously, I have never heard of Supersix being "cheaper" than anyone. They were the whole inspiration for SBMS to go into business because he felt he could provide equal or better products at a far better price, its a shame he wasn't so good as a business man. ExtremeEffects, keep the dream alive guys. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Seriously, I have never heard of Supersix being "cheaper" than anyone. :D
I was about to say cheaper ???? :-? But SSM has a proven and fine product and that cannot be taken away from Tom.

In the same breath I would PM or Email Steve at EE and see if they will make available parts of their Venom Pack separately. I can imagine at first they will be making complete kits to meet the demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Well, when I was shopping around RGR's site said that you had to send in the lower because they didn't provide a core up front, you had to provide it. For the splitport anyway.

As for SSM being cheaper, they were the second cheapest place I found, (RGR being cheapest but I would have had way too much down time) upper and lower fully ported and gasket matched for $300 a peice, shipping included. Not only were the intakes REALLY nicely done, but they were powdercoated bright silver. looks freakin' awesome. I really don't get why people bash on SSM for being expensive. Yes his prices are higher up front but he gives you a boatload of cash for your cores to make sure he gets cores back. I dont' have a problem with that at all.
Plus between the intakes and the flex spacer it made a world of difference so I am really happy about the whole thing. :D
 
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RPM's prices look really good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Horse said:
Well, when I was shopping around RGR's site said that you had to send in the lower because they didn't provide a core up front, you had to provide it. For the splitport anyway...
hmmm, not like that now, I've had all cores for a long time now.

And I now offer nearly everything you would need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
you newer stang guys are so lucky ! hard time getting speed stuff for the older foxes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
plstktnkr2 said:
you newer stang guys are so lucky ! hard time getting speed stuff for the older foxes
:-?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
RGR said:
plstktnkr2 said:
you newer stang guys are so lucky ! hard time getting speed stuff for the older foxes
:-?
I see Robert is as puzzled with this statement as I am!!!! All anyone has is Fox body stuff there is a million 5.0 aftermarket parts floating around :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
Danger Dude said:
RGR said:
plstktnkr2 said:
you newer stang guys are so lucky ! hard time getting speed stuff for the older foxes
:-?
I see Robert is as puzzled with this statement as I am!!!! All anyone has is Fox body stuff there is a million 5.0 aftermarket parts floating around :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And at very affordable prices. The 5.0 has to be the cheapest to mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
puzzlement

OK maybe I should have been clearer, speed parts for 3.8 pre roller motors from the foxes( not all of us are 5.0 guys no matter how "cheap" the swap is) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
slvr2000stang said:
Danger Dude said:
RGR said:
plstktnkr2 said:
you newer stang guys are so lucky ! hard time getting speed stuff for the older foxes
:-?
I see Robert is as puzzled with this statement as I am!!!! All anyone has is Fox body stuff there is a million 5.0 aftermarket parts floating around :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And at very affordable prices. The 5.0 has to be the cheapest to mod.
:D :D :D what I think he means is...... I had a 68 Mustang that i Put a 302 in back in 1984. It was a 6cyl conversion. ford motors back then were not as popular as the chevy 350 and parts for a FORD were WAY MORE EXPENSIVE than GM engines to build. Parts and bolt ons were hard to find. No real market at the time.... Now Ford 302 and 4.6 is a popular motor at the track and the demand for parts have reduced the price and more companies do stuff for Ford. Build a 302 20 years ago and people looked at you like WHY? you can build a chevy 383 stroker for less $. Yeah I'm old but still havin fun. Alot has changed in 19 years. And if you said 19 years ago your were building a v6 you would get thrown out of the speed shop into the street by the collar of your shirt. now my v6 runs better than some old big block GTOs and Chargers..... How times change. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Re: puzzlement

plstktnkr2 said:
OK maybe I should have been clearer, speed parts for 3.8 pre roller motors from the foxes (not all of us are 5.0 guys no matter how "cheap" the swap is) :D
Actually, there are several flat
tappet cams avail. that are NOT regrinds...
can't say that for the roller cams.

But we have built up quite a following for
the newer V6 I must say :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
Re: puzzlement

RGR said:
plstktnkr2 said:
OK maybe I should have been clearer, speed parts for 3.8 pre roller motors from the foxes (not all of us are 5.0 guys no matter how "cheap" the swap is) :D
Actually, there are several flat
tappet cams avail. that are NOT regrinds...
can't say that for the roller cams.

But we have built up quite a following for
the newer V6 I must say :D
Yes you have Robert !!!!! Thank God ;) ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
"WE" as in myself and the other old timers, RPM really
made prices competitive cuz he either gets better deals
or is just less greedy 8) Mik is a cool dood.

But it's a chicken-egg conundrum, would the V6 market
have taken off w/o the suppliers or customers? It takes
BOTH and also Ford for giving us a great base engine
to tinker with. Props to FORD!!!
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top