Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 cobra and I was wondering if I should spend the 300+ on an aftermarket throttle body or just port out the stock one....for free.

·
Registered
681 Posts
First I've heard of ported TBs to say the truth.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Not much to port on TBs. what will you get a couple I'n millimeters? Get a new one.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

A spacer makes a difference, but never ported. Cylinder heads are ported but never TBs. beware!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you wouldn't smooth out the stock one? It's pretty rough. I'm not trying to make the inlet holes bigger just smoother. Would rather save my money for more effective mods at the moment. If its not advise then I will do nothing. I just figured there isn't much point in porting the elbow and blower if the throttle body is still all rough and restrictive.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
frank07stanggt said:
So you wouldn't smooth out the stock one? It's pretty rough. I'm not trying to make the inlet holes bigger just smoother. Would rather save my money for more effective mods at the moment. If its not advise then I will do nothing. I just figured there isn't much point in porting the elbow and blower if the throttle body is still all rough and restrictive.
If the tb is stock there is no point in smoothing it out, the gain would be none, if you are looking for gains a bigger tb would be the way to go!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only reason I was even thinking about it is because my elbow is ported and the blower will be soon too and if there is turbulence right at the begining of the line then it would be a waste (not sure if that logic is correct or not). I will end up with a bigger tb eventually but for now I have bigger fish to fry.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
You might source another stock one to try it out on, that way if something unforeseen happens you have a back up plan. :good:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts