Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the freeway today, twice during one of those long sweeping turns it seemed that the front tires started wobbling kinda hard and my steering wheel would shake and you could hear a rapid thump noise from the front. It would only last a few seconds and then go back to normal.

I looked up a few videos online and its not a violent shake that rattles the whole car.

Could this the beginning stages of the infamous death wobble or could this just be I need to balance and rotate my tires?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Pete Jones
781 Posts
Start by checking your lug nuts, make sure they are tight and still all there. Then I would check the ball joints and tie rods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ DDTCM, sorry I'm at work and I read your post too quickly before responding. The tires are about 2 years old, but they're on the original 17'factory wheels.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check the lug nuts first and make sure they are properly torqued. Next, feel your tires and look for any bulges in the tread, you may have a separated tire. If the shaking happens between 50-60 MPH and smooths out when you speed up its probably your tire balance.
Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Lugs, thrown a wheel weight, wheel bearing, tie rod ends, ball joints. Jack her up and start wiggling ****. Check your psi too

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
You may have some belts slipping or busted in the tire(s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ Caster Troy, yeah that's been happening too. A little vibration between 50-65mph then stops when I hit 70.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts