Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my problem, if my car has half tank of gas or less and I make turns it starts acting up as if it was about to stall on me. I have to keep it on neutral to settle down then put it in gear for it to run fine again. This also happens if I have to go up a steep hill. But mostly on turns it happens, I'm guessing it could be the fuel pump but I first want some feedback before I do anything to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff44 said:
Have you changed your fuel filter?
No, that's something I've been wanting to do as well as part of maintenance. Last time I changed it was last winter. But I've always had this problem except before it would only happen if I had less than 1/4 tank now it happens even on half tank. I'm gonna change the fuel filter either way

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Re: fuel pump problem maybe?

do you hear any noise from the pump and you can try to reset the fuel pump from the trunk i think or releave the fuel preasure and then build it back up to make sure there is no air in there just some ideas idk if they will help

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: fuel pump problem maybe?

It is possible that the sump walls in the tank have broken loose and are allowing the fuel to flow quickly away from the pump when turning corners or going up hills. Check them when you remove the tank to replace the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts