Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys im trying to get a feel and see if i get any bites on a complete setup. I have a vortech v3 si, complete fuel system to include -8an lines, twin aeromotive 340lph pumps on a 03/04 cobra hat fitted for return style, deka 80# injectors, aeroquip fuel rail and fuel pressure guage in car. Treadstone 3 core intercooler, 3in piping with blowthrough maf, hpx maf, autometer 30# boost guage and autometer fuel pressure guage and twin pillar pod. The v3 comes with all the different pullies from vortech stock size up to the 8 rib. The v3 has less than 1k miles on it. Fits 99/01 cobra and 03/04 machs and could fit other 4v's with the right mount. Eveything is in perfect working condition and everything is here. Not looking to seperate anything. Kinda need to sell, the cobra decided to take a dump and my daily driver powerstroke decided to go as well so kinda need the money to get something fixed. Can email pics of everything if you want. Looking to get $5000 plus shipping. Pm me if interested

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys realize this is everything from the pumps to injectors and a practically new head unit (which is like 3k alone). I tried to piece this setup together when i bought it and i was well over 6k for the same stuff. Im just tryin to get my money back.

·
Registered
630 Posts
That's the thing though, you don't buy something and expect to get your money back. As soon as you buy it, it loses irs value, especially if used. And a head unit isnt $3000.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yeah. Even if it was still boxed and new it would only be worth about 4000 to 4400. 3-3.5k is realistic for a perfect condition used blower with fuel system.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah. Even if it was still boxed and new it would only be worth about 4000 to 4400. 3-3.5k is realistic for a perfect condition used blower with fuel system.
+1

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a V3 kit with aftercooler for 3,850. It has 10,000 on it with lots of extra pullys and stock modified upper hose for an 09.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Absolutely. Car wasn't a DD. Not willing to give it away or need to.

·
Registered
630 Posts
They are about 5 brand new. It has 10, 000+ on it. just voicing my opinion. My other opinion on vortechs is; why? If you're gonna drop decent momey on a blower, go twin screw, they are proven to be better.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
08mustanggt said:
They are about 5 brand new. It has 10, 000+ on it. just voicing my opinion. My other opinion on vortechs is; why? If you're gonna drop decent momey on a blower, go twin screw, they are proven to be better.
They have benefits. But also have down sides. They are more expensive to install, heat soak quickly and are less street able than a centri blower in some applications. They also suck more fuel and are harder to bypass. It's not a better than or worse than proposition, it's a pros and cons list unique to each application.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

45ANNGT said:
I have a V3 kit with aftercooler for 3,850. It has 10,000 on it with lots of extra pullys and stock modified upper hose for an 09.
Fuel system? . Also what goodies? 38 for a used system is still pushing. Dd or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fuel upgrade that was sold for this setup was the KB boost a pump. The kit includes 8, 10 and 12 pound pulley. Also includes the non HO kit before I purchased the charge cooler. Also includes Brisk plugs and mafia extender. This system doesn't have 10,000 plus. If you have a stock motor, the roots type blower is more aggressive with the instant torque. I think purchasing a supercharger kit for 3800 is a lot cheaper than 6,500-7000 + install. What type of supercharger do you have?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

45ANNGT said:
The fuel upgrade that was sold for this setup was the KB boost a pump and 39 pound injectors.. The kit includes 8, 10 and 12 pound pulley. Also includes the non HO kit before I purchased the charge cooler. Also includes Brisk plugs and mafia extender. This system doesn't have 10,000 plus. If you have a stock motor, the roots type blower is more aggressive with the instant torque. I think purchasing a supercharger kit for 3800 is a lot cheaper than 6,500-7000 + install. What type of supercharger do you have?
---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

45ANNGT said:
The fuel upgrade that was sold for this setup was the KB boost a pump. The kit includes 8, 10 and 12 pound pulley. Also includes the non HO kit before I purchased the charge cooler. Also includes Brisk plugs and mafia extender. This system doesn't have 10,000 plus. If you have a stock motor, the roots type blower is more aggressive with the instant torque. I think purchasing a supercharger kit for 3800 is a lot cheaper than 6,500-7000 + install. What type of supercharger do you have? Also the Twin screw is Susceptible to heat soak.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

·
Registered
45 Posts
45ANNGT said:
The fuel upgrade that was sold for this setup was the KB boost a pump. The kit includes 8, 10 and 12 pound pulley. Also includes the non HO kit before I purchased the charge cooler. Also includes Brisk plugs and mafia extender. This system doesn't have 10,000 plus. If you have a stock motor, the roots type blower is more aggressive with the instant torque. I think purchasing a supercharger kit for 3800 is a lot cheaper than 6,500-7000 + install. What type of supercharger do you have? 3800 isn't really a large chunk of money if your interested into getting into the next level of power.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

·
Registered
630 Posts
The fuel upgrade that was sold for this setup was the KB boost a pump. The kit includes 8, 10 and 12 pound pulley. Also includes the non HO kit before I purchased the charge cooler. Also includes Brisk plugs and mafia extender. This system doesn't have 10,000 plus. If you have a stock motor, the roots type blower is more aggressive with the instant torque. I think purchasing a supercharger kit for 3800 is a lot cheaper than 6,500-7000 + install. What type of supercharger do you have?

Its harsher on the engine but with forged internals and a cash supply, who cares? If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time. You said yourself that it has 10, 000 on it, and who knows how much more on it as most people undersell the kms, 95% of the time. $3, 800 for a used kit. You could get a KB or Whipple for $3, 000-4, 000 used. I myself don't even care for blowers as I use turbos.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm waiting to purchase a kenne bell mammoth or whipple and feed it with a turbo that is taken off of my car. I want a "cool" factor and I'm interested to see the results as I've only seen this online once or twice on a mustang, never on an s197.

·
Registered
289 Posts
not to mention it again, but I sold my rebuilt v-2 Ho with mafia, injectors, 3 pullies and more for $2500 with the $780 receipt from vortech for the rebuild... I had mine for sale for about 6 months.. good luck trying to sell your kits for that much.. anyone with a brain would buy a kenne bell or a whipple (I guess)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts