Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am probably a year to two out from having the cash to add some boost to my new Boss 302.

My question is, this car is my daily driver. I will be putting on probably 20K to 25K miles per year.

My question is two fold. First, is it safe to boost this engine and drive it 25K a year? Secondly, if it is, how much boost would be considered 'safe'.

Thank you for any information you might have.

Mike:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would say that it's safe to do low boost like 8-9 psi but your engine is only partially forged so there are still weak points that have a potential to break... by the way 8-9 psi will get you close to 600 rwhp probably in the mid 500s so it is a lot of hp for a street car my shelby has 535 and its alot but it's fun

·
Registered
427 Posts
My buddy has a 12 gt with a procharger set at I think 12 or 14 psi with the boss intake and on his street tune he makes a Lil over 600hp... Has 15000 miles on that setup with no problems so far

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
"Safe" is a relative term. It's never safe to go over what the factory power is, but boss block are generally good for an easy 600 rwhp. After that is when the failing point really begins to draw near. I've heard of stock bosses pulling 800+ rwhp, but at that point it's anyone's guess as to when it will pop. Keep it under 10psi and you wi be relatively safe

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just put a VMP on and the maintenance is basically 100,000 miles before supercharger needs maintenance and was told change the belt every 15,000 miles. Nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts