Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still kind of learning what each part does and how they work together. Well recently I started noticing when I go into first from a complete stop my Mustang starts jerking. It's acting like I'm taking my foot on and off the accelerator repeatedly. Could this be throttle body or another issue?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Does it happen as your releasing the clutch and the car starts to slowly move?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No it happens when I'm fully off the clutch and moving. If I take my foot off the accelerator and reapply pressure it stops, which is why I have kind of ruled out the clutch. It's also not every time, which makes it a little difficult to take it to a shop to diagnose. Dealer gave me a 6 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty when I bought the car in January and I have 43,000 so it should be covered whatever it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
425 Posts
Are you in first gear and driving slow? These cars hate low rpms at low speeds, like when you look for a parking space around a crowded place you are at low rpms and have to press the clutch every time or the car will feel like that every time you tap on the pedal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No its not me moving slow, I have experienced that. It's just the car acting as if I'm taking my foot on and off the gas. As soon as I take my foot completely off and then reapply pressure it acts normal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts