Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People commonly ask people to post pictures of their Audio System. Here is where you can show off all the money and time spent on your Sytem!

·
Registered
151 Posts
ok so i have a noob question.

Why does everyone mount their speakers facing the rear of the trunk. It seems like you would want them facing the back of the rear seats. Is there any reason for this, or is it just so you can show them off better?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thats what I plan to do. Buy a new sub and get a better amp. Will you be getting a sealed box or ported?
I've always liked ported boxes. But I've decided to get a few more performance mods before I start working on the audio again. I want to get into the 15's!!!!

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
el cheapo said:
ok so i have a noob question.

Why does everyone mount their speakers facing the rear of the trunk. It seems like you would want them facing the back of the rear seats. Is there any reason for this, or is it just so you can show them off better?
With a ported box it doesnt really matter all that much which way you face them. In a sealed box it matters greatly.

When you fire them toward the trunk it creates a sorta bass trap with the sound waves bouncing off your trunk interior. If you face them toward you and put the seat down the sound waves arent hitting anything and will not provide much thump so to speak.

·
Registered
151 Posts
With a ported box it doesnt really matter all that much which way you face them. In a sealed box it matters greatly.

When you fire them toward the trunk it creates a sorta bass trap with the sound waves bouncing off your trunk interior. If you face them toward you and put the seat down the sound waves arent hitting anything and will not provide much thump so to speak
:idea: :idea: :idea:

In a ported box the sound resonates within the box, right? So thats why you dont need the trunk space to resonate it? But with a sealed box there is no resonation within the speaker box its self, so it uses the trunk as a sort of ported box.
:mrgreen:

is that right?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
el cheapo said:

When you fire them toward the trunk it creates a sorta bass trap with the sound waves bouncing off your trunk interior. If you face them toward you and put the seat down the sound waves arent hitting anything and will not provide much thump so to speak
:idea: :idea: :idea:

In a ported box the sound resonates within the box, right? So thats why you dont need the trunk space to resonate it? But with a sealed box there is no resonation within the speaker box its self, so it uses the trunk as a sort of ported box.
:mrgreen:

is that right?
That is right my friend :mrgreen:

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks!!!

·
Registered