Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen where a few others have had issues with the powder coat comming off. i went to the dealership a couple weeks ago but keep getting the run around by them. Has anyone had the issues resolved?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could you post a picture? I'm curious to see what it looks like. I have the Brembo package on my 2012 5.0

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yup.. thats how i got mine painted.. BUT it was only like 9 months after i bought the car and i have bought 4 vehicles from this dealership.. they realize its a good idea to keep my business.. I also know several of the higher ups there.. with that being said they told me that if i wanted the wheels replaced that they would have to have a ford engineer inspect them the next time he was there, whenever that may be.. not every dealership has an in house body shop either.. it basically costed them nothing and gave their body shop something to do..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well me and my family have bought no less than 10 vehicles from them in the last 10 year's and provided them with lots of outside business. As well this is the 16th Ford I've owned and the 9th mustang. I will post pics within the hour. I trully hope that Ford makes this right.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That's what mine did.. But nowhere NEAR that bad... As soon as I noticed it starting i took it down there.. When it started kinda looked like they were pitting.. I would remind them of the past, current, and possible future business that you have done with them.. Honestly I would effing lose my sh*t if my wheels looked like that and they refused to do anything.. How long have you had the car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 3 months. I'm the 2nd owner. I was waiting to order a 2013 but found this one at a steal. Yeah I've seen another post about your situation and a few others and it seems like ford is replacing everyones rims but mine. It's pissing me off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
All my rims are like that. When I was in a accident they tried to match the paint and no wheel place in my area can get that color. All my rims are like that. Some of the paint is even wiped off I noticed it after a month from washing my car etc. if you ask me that's some pretty weak paint.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Bladezx said:
All my rims are like that. When I was in a accident they tried to match the paint and no wheel place in my area can get that color. All my rims are like that. Some of the paint is even wiped off I noticed it after a month from washing my car etc. if you ask me that's some pretty weak paint.
What do u use to clean your wheels??

·
Registered
389 Posts
McQueen said:
What do u use to clean your wheels??
Just the pressure washer at a truck wash with the soap that's in the water. I never use rags or mitts to wash my car. They use a good amount of hot water and high enough pressure to wash my car perfectly no matter how dirty it is.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Here's what one of mine did first month. Ford replaced the rim. It ain't powdercoat, it's just good old fashioned cheapo paint. I think if Ford scuffed the gloss black underlay the topcoat would have adhered better.

....and pressure washing is pretty hard on paint, period. Basically you're talking hyperspeeding crap in the water at the paint. It's kind of a gentle version of sandblasting.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
5LHO said:
Here's what one of mine did first month. Ford replaced the rim. It ain't powdercoat, it's just good old fashioned cheapo paint. I think if Ford scuffed the gloss black underlay the topcoat would have adhered better.

....and pressure washing is pretty hard on paint, period. Basically you're talking hyperspeeding crap in the water at the paint. It's kind of a gentle version of sandblasting.
I have yet to have paint peel from pressure washing. Like you said it's just cheap ass paint. I have them painted black now and the paint is still in tact. Only time I see it peeling is going through gravel

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
you don't peel paint with PW (unless it was coming off anyway) but, you can dull the shine, or scratch it up pretty easily.

this car has the hardest clearcoat in creation on the body. It marks pretty easily as a result.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts