Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about powder coating my rims black in the center/spokes and silver on the outside. Wondering what yalls thoughts are on the powder coating and the running rates. Most people say about 300,

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Probably about a $100-140 each wheel. Powder coating is not cheap!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Had mine done by wheel technologies. See if they are by you, 585 total for gloss black and that was them storing the car overnight, removing the wheels, separating the tires, coating the wheels and having the car back to me by 3 pm the next day.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
before i'd spend powder coat cash what are the wheels sluder...if stockers maybe consider just painting them. if they are nice aftermarkets i could understand paying for a coat

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are some after market rims. They had cobra caps on them when I got the car. So I have no idea what kind they are. They are chrome but chrome sitting the look I really like and two of them are flaking really bad and look terrible.

Heres a picture of some that look similar:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/mustangtuning_2241_215661135

These look almost exactly like them. But that's how I want them to look or I might just got completely black not really sure.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Had mine done by wheel technologies. See if they are by you, 585 total for gloss black and that was them storing the car overnight, removing the wheels, separating the tires, coating the wheels and having the car back to me by 3 pm the next day.
Those look sweet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha 75 a wheel would be freaking sweet lol! I might just go straight black and do a black out. Not feeling the chrome like I once was ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts