Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of curious what kinda power can be seen out of these cars with the following mods.
Lt headers
O/r h pipe
Catback exhaust
Cai
Tb
Larger maf
Intake
Heads

Would one be able to get 400 hp out of one of these motors with these mods?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm no professional by any means, but you can probably get close with those mods. I would say maybe 370?? Maybe? 400 horses with a N/A 2V from what I've seen is pretty tough to obtain.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Kind of curious what kinda power can be seen out of these cars with the following mods.
Lt headers
O/r h pipe
Catback exhaust
Cai
Tb
Larger maf
Intake
Heads

Would one be able to get 400 hp out of one of these motors with these mods?
You'd have to get some stage II cams along with all that and then you might be in the ball park.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Matticus said:
You'd have to get some stage II cams along with all that and then you might be in the ball park.
^+1

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
From want I have read 400 from a n/a 2v will take some serious time and $ and you will have to run race gas. It will not be a DD...320-350 max for a safe n/a dd. my car has CAI,78mm tb, cat back, pro chamber mid pipe, 93 race tune and I would say I'm pushing 260-280 to the wheels if that...stock we push 260 crank, about 230ish wheel

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Closer to 3 than 400, I have LT's, x pipe, intake and pullies and im probably around 3 to 315 to The wheels.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
1996v6stang said:
Lt x pipe and intake arent the money maker tho. Neither are pullies.
Totally missed you had heads and intake, no knowledge there so I shall remove myself from this discussion =}… but based off simple knowledge id say close to 350 crank with what you got, no expert though just my thought

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Matticus said:
I don't see 70+ HP in that setup, I wish it was because I'd be up there with you.
But im stock at 320 so just my guesstimation

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Matticus said:
I don't see 70+ HP in that setup, I wish it was because I'd be up there with you.
But im stock at 320 crank so just my guesstimation

·
Registered
559 Posts
Totally missed you had heads and intake, no knowledge there so I shall remove myself from this discussion =}… but based off simple knowledge id say close to 350 crank with what you got, no expert though just my thought

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

But im stock at 320 so just my guesstimation

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

But im stock at 320 crank so just my guesstimation
Cobra, my mistake lol. Assumed it was a gt for some reason.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
He has a cobra so it comes with 310 stock compared to the 2v 260 hp
Matticus said:
Cobra, my mistake lol. Assumed it was a gt for some reason.
320 my good sir =}„„„„ =}„ it happens

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah i could prolly buy a long block and put it in myself and throw a sc on it for less. What ya think? Sound about right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts