Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the interior power door locks, but neither side works. All the other buttons do though. Also if I have those does it meat the car came with a key remote? I really haven't put much effort into figuring this out, but any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My car has the interior power door locks, but neither side works. All the other buttons do though. Also if I have those does it meat the car came with a key remote? I really haven't put much effort into figuring this out, but any help would be appreciated.
I'd check fuses, then the switch connections, and then maybe you'll have a better idea if it's a bad switch or something else.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IanM said:
I'd check fuses, then the switch connections, and then maybe you'll have a better idea if it's a bad switch or something else.
It's not the fuse. For the switch connections would I have to take the door panel apart

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's not the fuse. For the switch connections would I have to take the door panel apart
That's probably the direction i'd head in then, you might have something as simple as a bad connection. It could have corrosion on the plug, a loose connection, or it may be a windows switch that's faulty. I'd take them apart and check, and make sure you check both sides before swapping out switches, as it might have a bad circuit causing the failure (one side being disconnected). You could try some CRC Contact cleaner spray on them even, it's designed for cleaning electrical connections and is safe to use on them. I know Advanced Auto Parts carries it, and most other places should as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts