Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sct sf3/x3 with a 89 street, 91 performance, and a 91 race tune. Would you get the same power with the 89 compared to the 91 race and performance tunes. I know that it for sure changes the way it drives i just wanted to see if you get the same hp and tq with the 89 compared to the other tunes.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I have a sct sf3/x3 with a 89 street, 91 performance, and a 91 race tune. Would you get the same power with the 89 compared to the 91 race and performance tunes. I know that it for sure changes the way it drives i just wanted to see if you get the same hp and tq with the 89 compared to the other tunes.
RedBeast,

You'll see a little bit more power out of the higher octane tunes. The higher the octane, the more adjustments we can make in the tune to the timing, etc...

The gains from tune to tune may not be huge, however like you listed all the Characteristics do change!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RedBeast,

You'll see a little bit more power out of the higher octane tunes. The higher the octane, the more adjustments we can make in the tune to the timing, etc...

The gains from tune to tune may not be huge, however like you listed all the Characteristics do change!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance!

-Dan
Thanks Dan! I am very happy with the power gains on both the street and performance tunes. I have yet to try out the race tune. Thanks you very much for what you guys do. I will continue to buy from american muscle.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Thanks Dan! I am very happy with the power gains on both the street and performance tunes. I have yet to try out the race tune. Thanks you very much for what you guys do. I will continue to buy from american muscle.
Of course! You'll definitely love the Aggressiveness of the Race tune if you haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for your business and loyalty! Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can't wait till I can buy mine!

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Can't wait till I can buy mine!
I bet you're really excited, I know I would be! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just got my Bama tuner in today and loaded the Street Tune 93 octane. Took it out on the highway and opened it up and all I can say is Wow!!!! Sounds better and the throttle response was definitely noticeable. Before loading the Performance Tune 93 Octane do I need to return it to stock first? Thanks for a great product.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my Bama tuner in today and loaded the Street Tune 93 octane. Took it out on the highway and opened it up and all I can say is Wow!!!! Sounds better and the throttle response was definitely noticeable. Before loading the Performance Tune 93 Octane do I need to return it to stock first? Thanks for a great product.
Yes always return to stock before loading a new tune

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Polar Bear,

I'm glad you're impressed with the difference from our Bama tunes! There's a lot of power and throttle response left on the table from factory. I can't imagine ever owning another Mustang without a new custom tune!

You don't need to load the stock file before switching between tunes. The only time you need to upload the stock file is when you're going to be updating the firmware/software of your Bama SF3 tuner or if you're going to be uploading new tunes from Bama onto the SF3 tuner, via email. Otherwise, you can keep 3 custom tunes on your tuner at a time and switch between them as often as you like!

Hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have more questions!

Shane

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok. Got the replacement name plate for the tuner. Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity where do people normally place these placards?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ok. Got the replacement name plate for the tuner. Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity where do people normally place these placards?
Polar Bear,

Most customers put the plaques under the hood on the radiator support. I've also seen a few inside on the passenger side dash. IMO, under the hood looks best! Where were you thinking about placing it?

Shane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts