Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm, I dunno if this is an obvious problem, but I've noticed a very noticeable loss of power out of my stang lately. It's to the point that I have to rev the engine higher to get the same power out of it that I used to. Did I lose a cylinder or something, (because that's what it seems like it)? This really sucks because I was just about to start putting some $$ into it. :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
is the check engine light on?? if so that may be telling you the problem.

you should go get a compression check done. if that comes back okay, check the transmission. it may not be transferring power correctly. are you getting any weird sounds with it??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, no check engine lights or anything and no weird sounds either. I have recently done several maintenance items like radiator flush, oil change, plugs, wires, throttle cleaning, and a new filter--

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Might have a bad plug or plug wire. I had to go thru 3 set of plugs before I founfd 6 that met my standards. Just one plug with a small little imperfection at the end of the threads on the plug on the dyno after changing it was worth 6 hp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually replaced new plugs in the beginning of the summer so I know it's not those (unless one went bad). My dad has the tools to test the cylinders so I think that's what I'll do if this problem doesn't scream something else to you guys-- :p :-?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another problem what had happened to my friend with power loss and he had thought it was his exhuast had a leak cause he just had a tune up new wires, sparks, etc. His car kept losing horsepower so he had it checked by someone who told him one of his spark plugs had gas on it, all he could do was wait for the spark plug to dry off from all the gas on it. About a couple weeks but I think he had a gas leak fixed to fix the problem so if its not that I dont really know what to tell you... :oops:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just as a new plug can be bad, so can a new plug wire, one of those could be bad, what I was going to say was check and make sure that they are all hooked up good, I have had one that was not hooked good to a plug, hooking it up properly usually does wonders. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts