Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much rwhp a 03 V6 auto mustang. If i put a cold air intake, shift improver kit, spark plug wires,and flowmaster dual cat back exhaust system. And also would my car sound good with all of this. I know i wont see much improvement in hp but i am just looking for a little improvement in hp and sound :)

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
With the air intake you will get better throttle response and maybe a few hp and a nice kind of whistle sound when you accelerate :cool: . I don't really know bout shift kit as far as hp. Spark plug wires won't really change much I don't think, and the cat back will give you a little more hp. I personally think flows are too loud but i don't mind them, and a lot of people love them. For a v6 if i wanted loud i would go with a "melowtone" which is kind of a flowmaster for a v6 and sounds better for a v6 imo.

Stock you've got around 190 hp i think so you would be close to 200hp i think

·
Registered
517 Posts
Now you just need some gears in that bad dog! (BIG improvement)

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can get the gears for $200 & install for $200. And you will be alot faster. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
coolstang said:
I was wondering how much rwhp a 03 V6 auto mustang. If i put a cold air intake, shift improver kit, spark plug wires,and flowmaster dual cat back exhaust system. And also would my car sound good with all of this. I know i wont see much improvement in hp but i am just looking for a little improvement in hp and sound :)
stock auto is putting down 155rwhp and 185rwtq~ (autos suck 22% ~ from the flywheel....)

if you put a cai (6rwhp/6rwtq), shift kit (0/0), cat back (6/6), spark plugs (0/0)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
thats allright....if you really wanna get serious with it, you can get a shift kit, upgrade the torque converter, that will free up some of the power you are losing, but as spectorv said, with all those boltons, youd be about 165rwhp max, but slap some 4.10 gears and a t-lok, and you get a nice kick in the pants.;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot man :D Do you know how much a torque converter cost and what website can find it on and what web site can i find a shift kit because i cant find one thanks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts