Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a weird rumbling growling type noise coming from my trunk area, you can hear it when I'm rolling up/down the windows, it's like a motor going bad type sound, especially when I'm putting the vert top up, is there a motor of some sort that controls all the windows and top or something in the trunk area? I can't hear anything under the vehicle when hit the window or vert button just inside the cabin in the very back under the window area it sounds like it's coming from. When I turn the car off but turn the key to the on position and hit windows it makes a popping type sound...windows and all work fine, just wondering if I should get to replacing something because it seems like it's gonna blow soon

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So I have a weird rumbling growling type noise coming from my trunk area, you can hear it when I'm rolling up/down the windows, it's like a motor going bad type sound, especially when I'm putting the vert top up, is there a motor of some sort that controls all the windows and top or something in the trunk area? I can't hear anything under the vehicle when hit the window or vert button just inside the cabin in the very back under the window area it sounds like it's coming from. When I turn the car off but turn the key to the on position and hit windows it makes a popping type sound...windows and all work fine, just wondering if I should get to replacing something because it seems like it's gonna blow soon
Your convertible top motor is behind your back seat and under the tarp well that the top rests in when put down. Pull the bad loose and move the tarp material out of the way and check the motor fluid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts